that's not an option.

mia's pov

"so...i can start calling you my best friend again?" adam asks me holding a smile back.
i roll my eyes at him and he pulls me in the tightest hug ever.
"man did you go to the gym while we weren't talking?" i try to breathe. this dude got some strength here.
he chuckles and flexes on me "alright now don't flatter yourself bitch" i tell him and he widens his eyes
i start laughing and run out of the kitchen "come here mia!" he runs after me.
i just laugh in response and then i find myself trapped between the dinner table and the wall. fuck my brother and his passion for open spaces.
"you know it just takes your sorry to make me let you go" adam says and i shake my head at him
"NEVER!" i shout and he quickly runs around the table, making me scream when he catches me.
he starts torturing me (in universal language he fucking tickles me to death) and i scream trying to get out of his grip.
i look around the room for help and the right in that moment joey comes downstairs. if i weren't dying right now i would ask myself why he's always at my house.
"help!" i laugh and his head snaps in my direction.
a smile creeps on his face and he starts laughing "what are you laughing at? help me!" i shout at him and he laughs more.
"what's the password?" he throws his phone on the couch and starts making his way towards me, waaay too slowly if you ask me.
"no! just help me!" i shout again and i feel like i'm about to vomit. i was fucking eating just two minutes ago, perfect time to tickle the shit out of me adam!
joey bends down and leans his ear towards me, signaling that he's not gonna do anything till i say
"PLEASE!" i yell in desperation and he laughs. he unwraps adam's arms from around my waist and i jump away from him "i take it back! i don't want to be your bestfriend ever again!" i yell at adam and he chuckles.
joey joins him and just now i realize his arm is wrapped around my waist, his hand gently gripping my hip.
i pull myself together and distance myself from him. he looks at me and realizes what was going on.
"um-...i-i should go" i point at the door when the doorbell rings.
"who did you invite?" adam asks me while aaron walks in. joey's jaw clenches and his hands go into fists, but his mouth doesn't make a sound.
i've been really changing my mind about joey lately. i don't see him as the childish fuckboy anymore. the things he's been saying and the way he's been acting are showing me that he's actually way more mature than i thought.
i've also had doubts that he's just been faking it all cause i told him that his mind didn't attract me, but if it had been true he would have definitely been going too far out of his schemes for him being the joey birlem.
now i'm convinced the opinion i had of him didn't do justice to him.
"hey babe" aaron grips my waist and pulls me in to peck my lips, but i turn away and he ends up kissing my cheek.
i pull slightly away and he furrows his brows. then he turns around and notices adam and joey.
"yo bro, what's up!" he goes over to adam and pulls him into a hug. adam lightly pats his back as he's disgusted by being touched by him or something.
weren't they friends? weird.
"hey, i've seen you before somewhere. you're adam's friend right?" aaron asks joey, holding his hand out for him to shake.
"i'm aaron, mia's boyfriend" he tells him and joey looks at his hand.
"yeah, not a very much loyal one" joey glares at him and goes to sit on the couch. he takes a quick glance at me before unlocking his phone and giving it his attention.
i furrow my brows when aaron stiffens up. did joey's words really touch him? and if they did...why?!
i decide to shrug the thought off my mind and speak up "let's go aaron" i tell him and grab my jacket.
"where are you going?" adam asks me and i look at him
"a race" aaron tells him.
adam looks at joey and they chuckle. what are they laughing at?
"wanna come?" aaron asks him and adam shakes his head "no thanks, me and my boy have some better things to do" he spits out venomous and i furrow my brows.
okay what's up with him and joey? it doesn't seem like they're just annoyed by his presence because he's my boyfriend. it looks like they hate him. and for what?!
"alright then" aaron says and takes my hand.
joey looks at it and he seems so mad that i fear he'll say something that will make aaron go over the edge...let's just say he's not the calmest person in the world.
gladly he keeps quiet. he just looks at me one last time without the usual madness filling his eyes. this time he seems...almost...sorry...?
i furrow my brows at him and he shakes his head, going back to his phone.
whatever.
"i'll see you later" i tell both of them and follow aaron out.

joey's pov

i can't believe he didn't tell her. i already knew he was a fucking dickhead but i didn't think he would get this fucked up.
he cheated on her and he doesn't even have the balls to face her about it...pathetic.
the more time goes by the more i don't get what she sees in that guy. he doesn't have balls, his motorbike is not cool anymore and i bet he looks like chicken alfredo when he sweats and all the plastic he's made of starts to melt, mixed with his low-cost self tan.
plus the maturity she seems to be making a huge deal out of is not one of the guy's qualities. i mean c'mon.
it looks like she's with him just to piss someone off. i don't want to believe she actually likes...that.
"damn nicole was right" adam says laughing and falling on the couch.
"yeah, races and clubs is really all they do together" i tell him running my hand through my hair.
"listen bro, i need to tell you something" he tells me and i'm ready to hear all the 'i don't want you to be with mia' rant he's about to vomit on me.
"i changed my mind about you and mia" he says and my head shots up.
"huh?" i ask him completely dumbfounded.
"yeah, i mean...it's almost a month you haven't been with any girl, you really like mia." he says
"i told you, i told all of you and it seems like the only ones to believe me were hailey and nicole" i tel him kind of pissed.
i mean, i know he wanted to have her back but he's my best friend. at least he could have believed me.
"i believe you too now. and i'm sorry for not taking you seriously the first time" he tells me and i shrug.
"it's fine i mean, i'm not the one to hold grudges" i tell him and he smiles.
"so i told you this because..." he takes a deep breath "i can't believe i'm actually saying this out loud but i want to help you get with mia" he says and i swear i've heard my jaw hit the floor.
"i'm not gonna stop once she'll be done with aaron. i want to help you get with her cause for how you've been acting i think you're the right one for her"
i keep quiet for a minute but then a huge smile creeps on my face. adam notices me and smiles back.
"thank u bro, i know how much you fear her being hurt and i really appreciate you taking that risk to see me happy" i tell him and he nods.
"no problem, but you know how it works...right?" his stare is now hard on me "break her heart and-"
"that's not an option" i cut him off.