hey friend

one month later (time skipping is a fucking art)

"hey friend" joey walks in and i laugh. he comes up to hug me, smiling.
i smile back at him and wrap my arms around his torso.
"wow wow wow, what is going on here?" hailey's ass enters the kitchen and i roll my eyes.
"absolutely nothing" i tell her annoyed and joey chuckles "yet" he adds to my sentence.
i glare at him and he smiles innocently.
"what are you making?" he asks me and i turn around with the mixing pot in my hands
"cookies, but the dough became so fucking hard to mix any further" i tell him and sigh
"don't you think it maybe means that it's ready to be baked?" he tells me giggling and i shake my head.
"there are still some unmixed parts here, you see?" i show him the pot and he walks towards me.
"let me see" he tells me and i hand it to him. he takes it and starts mixing around. he puts the pot on the kitchen counter to help himself and i stare at him.
his muscles flex for how much pressure he's putting on the spatula. maybe it wasn't a good idea using a thin spatula to mix that fucking quicksand.
"yeah, sure nothing is going on here" hailey whispers in my ear and i slap her arm, blushing. she takes some water from the fridge and i force my eyes off my new 'friend' before he notices me and it gets awkward.
"here, it's ready" he says and i take a roller pin and some cookie cutters.
"i want the car one" he says snatching it out of my hands
"okay, chill out babyboy" i tell him and hailey spits all her water out of her mouth.
joey widens his eyes and i furrow my brows "what? what did i-" i stop right when i realize.
"oh fuck, i didn't mean it like tha-"
"i know, don't stress it" he chuckles "or you can stress it i mean i don't mind seeing you embarrassed after all that time acting like you didn't give a fuck about me" he tells me and i roll my eyes
"indeed...i didn't give a fuck about you" i tell him and he shoots me a glare
"what? it was just a reminder in case you were getting your hopes up" i tell him and he chuckles.

"stop itt!" i scream and he laughs
"you always seem to forget the password" he tells me and i scream
"i already told you a hundred times...NEVER!" i shout the last part and he stops tickling me to cover my mouth with his hand.
"i heard that" my dad comes downstairs and i roll my eyes, knowing he will steal joey away.
they act like best friends like what the fuck.
"don't worry kid, i'll leave you love birds alone" he says walking in the kitchen.
"thank u- WAIT WHAT?!" i shout but he's already walked away "stupid hailey and her big mouth" i mumble to myself and joey laughs.
"what's wrong with him thinking we're something more than friends?" he asks me and i shrug my shoulders
"i don't know...maybe...that we are nothing more than friends?" i tilt my head at him.
"ouch" he laughs and i frown "stop making this so harrrd!" i throw my head back and cover my face with my hands.
"okay okay, let me see you tho" he tells me gripping my wrists and pulling my hands off my face.
"you see! this is not something a friend would say!" i tell him and he smiles
"but we're not just friends" he says and i scream in exasperation.
i punch his chest and he bursts out laughing.
"guys, i need to talk to you about something" my dad walks in the living room, again...
"a family is moving in a house a couple blocks down, they have a son who's joey's age and will be attending your school. i thought that maybe it would be cool if you met and showed him around." he tells us and joey nods.
"yeah, sounds cool" he says and i shrug my shoulders when my dad looks at me
"i mean, you know i don't make friends just like that" i tell him and joey gives me a look.
"...but i guess i'll make an exception" i roll my eyes and my dad smiles, walking away again.
i look at joey and he has a smile on his face "you're a pain in the ass" i tell him
"yeah, sure i am" he tells me and pulls on my arm, making me land on him and wrapping his arms around me.

i'm so fucking grateful for nat😭 she made an edit for this story and it's the best thing everrr😭❤️ if you wanna see it go check it out on her page brlmboi❤️