Comfort.

Getting Pidge to come out of that room was more difficult than anyone could've imagined.

No one wanted to force her for obvious reasons but her staying in there constantly and only letting Keith in wasn't healthy for her.

Hunk was practically sulking outside of her room every day with a tray of peanut butter cookies for her and whined like a kicked puppy every time she refused to come out.

Keith sighed when he came back from a briefing to see Hunk trying to get Pidge to come out.

"Come on, Pidge.. they're fresh cookies.." He smiled, talking to her through the door.

Hunk didn't even know if she could hear him but Keith knew Pidge was sitting close by in their room listening.

"Hey," Keith chuckled, walking over.

"Hi.." Hunk sighed, looking as dejected as always when his plans to get Pidge to come out failed.

Keith stood beside Hunk in front of the door.

"Still no luck?"

"No.. not even tech is working.." Hunk murmured, tears in his eyes.

"We all just miss her so much.. we want to help her.."

Keith knew what he meant, and admittedly Keith wasn't helping much.

Pidge refused to come out of the room when the possibility of others being around to see her was present.

The only people who had seen her in person and up close was Keith and her family.

And the family had been after literal days of convincing.

"Hunk, tell the others we have a meeting about left wing maintenance in fifteen minutes." Keith frowned.

They had a system by that point.

Left wing maintenance meant they were going to discuss how to help Pidge, left wing defense meant they were going to discuss how to protect Pidge and so forth.

Left wing. For the left arm of Voltron. Their shield.

The one who was unfortunately badly damaged and hurt.

Hunk nodded, handing Keith the tray of cookies before rushing off to find the other Paladins.

"Chickadee," Keith said quietly once Hunk was gone.
"I've got to go to a meeting again, can you let me in so we can get you settled again before I go?"

The door opened after a minute and Keith slowly walked in.

It was a mess again, as expected.

Keith didn't know if it was panic or fits of rage that came over Pidge whenever he left but it was starting to scare him.

He'd had to take away everything that could've been broken or destroyed after the first time.

It was terrifying what he'd come back to that day.

Keith had just left for a debriefing, less than ten minutes tops.

Yet when he'd opened up the door the lamps on the bedside tables were shattered, the mirrors all broken and thrown onto the floor.

The bed had been practically ripped apart, everything thrown off of it.

And there was Pidge, silent as she curled up in the furthest corner.

When Keith tried to grab her hand, forgetting to ask in his concern, she'd screamed.

The fits were still happening, but at least their floor wasn't coated in glass shards after the first incident.