Chapter 22

Katie's POV

I exhale deeply feeling relieved that I was finally able to get off of my feet, and relax. I flopped back onto the couch allowing my body to melt into the soft exterior.

I moan leave my lips as I kick off my heels and rub them against the soft wooly rug. It was like a foot massage, and it was even more relaxation than I could of imagined.

I couldn't stress enough how bad my foot cramp throughout the day, and not only that but it's hot as hell outside. And, today just had to be the day the damn air conditioning at my job stopped working. I'm just thankful to have Hunter, because not only does he have central air conditioning, the freezer is always stocked with ice cream.

"Hey." Hunter says pulling my attention to him. The moment my eyes land on him, I couldn't help but drink him in. His hair was wet causing his strands to stick to his forehead and small droplets of water to drip from his hair down to his bare chest.

My eyes followed the droplet down his chest as it slowly traveled to his abs. I found my self envying the water, knowing that I would probably never run my fingers against his body as the water was running itself against him.

"Katherine!" Hunter calls pulling me from my thought.

"Huh?" I question my attention slowly finding itself to what Hunter was saying.

Hunter raises his eyebrow at my skeptically, "Are you feeling alright?" He ask raising the back of his hand to gently rest against my forehand,  checking my temperature as if I was a child.

I roll my eyes pushing his hand away. "I'm fine. Just.. tired and my feet hurt." I reply. It had to be the only explanation for my strange behavior. Living with Hunter I have seen him shirtless many times. I think it might be the heat, and the fact that I'm tired as hell that's got me acting up.

Hunter looks at me with sympathy, "Com 'ere I got you." He says taking a seat beside me and places my legs over his. I look at waiting for his next move only to feel his grab ahold of my foot. I laugh flattered and in disbelief. "You don't have to do that." I reassure putting my leg back down, but Hunter quickly grabs it again.

"I know, but I want to." He says firmly his dark brown eyes held mine, as if he was waiting for me to challenge him. I simply debate it over for a few seconds before deciding to just reluctantly sit back. It wasn't use to this kind of treatment, not that a foot massage makes Hunter a godsend, but in all my years no one has every offered such to me. "Thank you."

Hunter looks at me smiles, "Don't mention it." He replies before taking my foot into his hands.

Hunter bring rubbing my foot gently simply allow his hands to work their way over my entire foot. I sigh deeply feeling an instant relief of all the stress and tension that had been building up in my foot the last couple days.

It felt like complete bliss when Hunter began to massage my foot deeper. I moan as he press his knuckles of his right hand into my foot, allowing it to smooth out any unwanted knots in my foot. It was so obvious to tell that Hunter was a master with his hands, especially with cooking. It felt like he was kneading my foot just like you would bread.

Hunter was delicate yet firm as he pressed his thumbs into my skin. I could feel him working away the tight muscles in my foot like magic. The way he so easily removed my knots from my foot reminded me of how easy it was to run fingers through silk.