Chapter 13

Katie's POV

Hunter, my mom and I were all currently sitting in the waiting room of the doctors office. What I don't understand is why give you a certain appointment time if you're going to have to wait anyways. "How are you feeling?" Hunter asked me and I look over at him. "I feel fine. I'm just tried of waiting." I respond and Hunter chuckles.

"We've only been here for 10 minutes." Hunter says and I roll my eyes. "Ten minutes too long." I whine and he laughs. "You're cute." He comments and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Cute?" I ask and he shrugs. "That is what I said."

I roll my eyes at her smart mouth. "Hunter Hameln and Katherine Bailon." The doctor calls finally and Hunter and I stand to our feet and so does my mother. All three of us walk towards the door and the doctor stops us. "Whose's Katherine?" She ask and I point to myself. "I am."

"And you're Hunter?" She ask and Hunter nods . "Okay, so who are you?" She ask my mother. "I'm Naomi Bailon. Katherine's mother." She responds and the doctor nods.

"Since dad is here, and the room is pretty small. I'm going to ask you to stay here. This shouldn't take too long."

"I can't go in?" My mom ask and the doctor shakes her head. "I'm sorry ma'am but no." She responds and I give my mom a sad look before we walked through the door to get to our room.

The first second leads us to our room then another doctor walked in. This doctor is still female just like the other one was, but instead she's white while the other doctor was black. Her name tag read, 'Miranda.'

"Have a seat up on bed here." Doctor Miranda says and I sit down like she instructs while Hunter stands behind me. "So, this is going to just be a simple ultrasound to make sure the baby is fine and healthy." The doctor explains. "Okay." I respond while Hunter nods.

"Okay, you can lay back. Please lift your shirt for me."

I lay back and lift my shirt like she instructed. She puts in gloves and grabs a tube of some gel and the device she's suppose to rub on my belly to see my baby. "So, the gel is going to be a little cold, and I'm going to press down a bit on your stomach but not enough to hurt the baby." She explains and I nod.

"So, this will show is how big the baby is? Will we hear the heartbeat?" Hunter two questions in a row and the doctors nods. "It's depends on how far along you are to hear a heat beat, and size, but it looks like you're about 6 to 7 weeks so a heart beat and size is what you should look forward to." Doctor Miranda explain and I look up to see Hunter smiling, which caused me to smile too.

"Okay, so I'm going to put the gel on you now." She tells me before she places the cold gel on my skin. She was wrong about one thing, it wasn't just a little cold. She soon follows up with the device. She rubs it around for a second before I heard it... the heart beat. "Do you hear that?" Hunter ask a huge smile on his face.

"Yes, that's our baby." I respond with a smile just a big. Hunter kisses my forehead before looking back to the screen.

"So, like I said you're about 6 to 7 weeks. And at 6 weeks pregnant, the baby is the size of a pea. The average embryo at week six is about .25 inches and it will double in size again next week. But for now, that's you're baby." She says pointing to the small circle on the screen and if though it was so small. I still felt so much love for this baby.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy right now." I say through my laughter of happiness. Hunter smile down at me, "I can't believe it. Our baby is that small."

"Our baby is as big as a pea, Hunter." I gush out not being able to take my eyes off of the screen where I was able to see my very own baby girl or boy.

The doctor smiles big at us, "You two are so cute. How long have you too been married?" She ask and I chuckle. "We're not married." I answer honestly and flattered she thought we were married. "I asked her to marry me and she said no." Hunter says and I smack my lips and hit him in his thigh. "Hunter!" I scold and he laughs.

"Don't worry though, I'll try again soon." Hunter says and winks down at me. I roll my eyes and look back at the young nurse who was gushing at us. "Well, you fooled me."

I smile at her. "Do you want a picture copy?" She ask wiping the gel off my belly with a cloth and I nod my head rapidly. "Yes." I say and she laughs. "I figured." With that said she walked off some where and I sit up and pull my shirt down. "It's official, we're really having a baby." Hunter says and I laugh. "Was it not official  before?" I ask and Hunter shakes his head still smiling.

"Not like this. I saw the baby and the heartbeat. I'm just so happy right now!" Hunter says and I smile because he's happy. I was really happy too though.

"They're finally letting me in." I hear my mother say coming into the room and I jump down from the bed. "So? How's the baby?" She ask.

"It's fine and healthy. It's the size of a sweet pea right now." I inform her and she smiles widely and walk over to the ultrasound screen where even with out the device on my stomach you could still see the baby, however not hear the heart beat. "Awww." My mother coos. " I can't wait until this baby is here." My mother says and I nod in agreement.

Today just makes me want the day to come faster, I can't wait until I'm able to hold my little baby girl or boy in my arms. I look over at Hunter to find him already looking at me. I give him a smile and he smiles back. I guess even though it was an accident, and unplanned. I'm happy everything happened with Hunter, because it didn't I wouldn't be standing right here, and this happy.

I'm having a baby!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT DID YOU THINK?

COMMENT

VOTE'

FOLLOW