Chapter 7

Katie's POV

My mother and I walked down the aisle of Walmart. We were currently looking in the furniture section. She was shopping for a lamp for her living room while I was looking for anything I thought nice enough to go into my new room. I already have some furniture that I ordered online when Cameron and I were going their those catalogs.

"So what did you want to talk about?" My mother ask causing my heart beat to instantly start to beat faster. Saying I was nervous would be an understatement. I don't even know why I was so nervous especially when I'm an adult. I shouldn't be afraid of my mother. So like a bandage I just decided to rip it off, and by rip it off I mean just blurt it out and tell her.

"I'm pregnant." I say nonchalantly as I continued to push the cart down the aisle. She was in front of me so I watched as she halted in her track before slowly turning around. I stopped too. "What?" She asked and I take a deep breathe. "I'm pregnant." I repeat and she looks at me for a second before placing her hands on her hips.

"Who's the father?" She asked.

"Hunter Hameln." I simply answer and she narrows her eyes brows at me. "That name seems really familiar." She comments before looking like she was trying to recall where she had heard of him from. It was most likely from being Shane's friend, I don't know if my mom knew anything about music producers or record labels. She wasn't in the loop like that.

She snaps her fingers thinking about, "That name." She trails off until her face lit up. "He's Shane friend." She adds on and I nod. I knew that was going to be how she knew him.

"I didn't know you two were seeing each other. See like I said you never call me, and tell me anything." My mother comments and I start to feel a bit guilty. I didn't want to tell her he was a one night stand, so I didn't. I just nodded my head.

"Oh my god! You're pregnant!" She exclaims a huge smile spreading across her face, and I couldn't have been more shocked. She pulls me into a huge hug and I can't but smile, her smile was contagious. "You're not mad?" I ask and she pulls away from our hug.

"Why, would I be mad. I'm about to be a grandma. And I've always liked that Hunter boy when you and Shane were in high school and he would come over."

"It's just I thought maybe you would be disappointed because I'm not married." I explain and my mother rolls her eyes.

"Of course you being married and having a baby would be ordeal, but since you aren't who cares. You're having a baby." My mother says the last part as she rubs my belly.

"Grandma's gonna spoil you so hard." My mother speaks in a baby voice to my stomach and I roll my eyes. "Mom, we're in public." I comment and she rolls her eyes at me while smacking her lips. "Child, please. I can talk to little grandson or daughter." She replies and I laugh at her. She was so happy. This was not the reaction from her that I was expecting at all, and it actually made me feel very happy myself.

"So, Hunter and I have just moved in together."

"That's why were shopping for furniture. I was wondering. I thought maybe you were redecorating." She comments and I laugh, it wasn't even what she said it was how she said it. My mom had a way of making things sound funny, just because of her comedic voice. Growing up anything she said would make me laugh unless I was getting in trouble.

"Well, he wants to invite you and Cameron and Shane over for dinner. So you guys can meet his family and so you could meet him." He explain and my mother nods.

"When?" She ask and I respond, "Saturday."

"Okay, just text me the time and address, and I'll be there." She responds. "Now, let's go to baby section!" She exclaims pulling on my arms and I roll my eyes.

"Ma! That's not what I came here for." I say and she groans as if she was a child. "We can always shop for baby stuff later. I'm only a few weeks pregnant." I respond and my moms eyes widened. "Weeks?! And your just now telling me." She ask her arms crossed yet again.

"At least I'm telling you now."

She rolls her eyes at me, "Have you been to the doctor yet?" She asked and I shake my head.

"You haven't been to the doctors!" She exclaims and I suddenly start to feel concerned. "Why Ma! Could something be wrong with the baby?" I ask instantly holding onto my stomach and she shakes her head.

"No, baby. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just if you've been pregnant for some weeks now, you should probably go to the doctors to just see how the baby is doing. Like a normal check up." She explains and I nod starting to feel less nervous or worried.

"Okay, you're right. I'm going to call my doctor and schedule an appointment." I reassure.

"Call them right now, so you want forget." She suggest well more like demands. She was really serious about this doctors appointment. "Okay." I reply pulling out my phone from my purse and quickly going calling the doctors office.

My mother and I continued to walk around the store while I talked on the phone with my doctor scheduling an appointment. It took a good ten to fifteen minutes before I was off the phone. "What did they say?" My mother was quick to ask my, I hadn't even fully put my phone back in my purse yet. "They say my appointment is Monday at 2:30. So that means I have to call off work." I say and my mom nods.

"Me too." She answers as if that was normal and I look at her confused. "You too?" I ask and she nods. "Yeah, I'm coming with you." She replies and I laugh. "Mom, you really don't have to."

"I know, I want to." She replies and I shake my head. She was happier than I thought. I wonder if Hunter would want to come to this doctor's appointment with me. If he even could, he says he's coming back Monday morning, but I don't know how early. "Can we please just look in the baby aisle?" She asked and I sigh. She was gonna keep asking me so I'm going to just say yes.

"Fine." I reply and she smiles big. "Yay!" She exclaims and links our arms and starts leading us to the baby section.

Telling her wasn't bad at all, but she doesn't know the full truth. I wonder if that affected how well she took the news. However, I'll never know. I'm just happy that she's happy for me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
TELL ME YOU THINK??

VOTE
FAN
COMMENT!!