Chapter 11 Volume 3

Zack (POV)
I followed Blake to the roof. Once we got to the balcony Blake went to the railing and turned towards me.
Blake- Tell me what you know.
Zack- What I know about what? You're gonna have to be more specific.
Blake- When I talking about that person dear to me I heard you say Adam. Adam who?
Zack- (sigh) Adam Taurus.
Blake- How do you know him?
Zack- He...was my best friend once upon a time.
Blake- That can't be right Adam always hung out with a human boy with black hair..and...red....eyes. That was you?
Zack- Mhmm.
Blake- You stopped showing up at the camp one day. Why?
Zack- Alright here we go. Story time.
Flashback
Zack (POV)
I'm in the woods hunting for food with Adam.
Zack- That was a pretty good kill. You got that deer right in the neck.
Adam- Well you know what they say, practice makes perfect.
Zack- So any plans on the next rally?
Adam- No. Actually I was thinking we do something more drastic.
Zack- What do you mean by that?
Adam- Well I was thinking maybe blow up a restaurant that doesn't serve the faunas. I don't care if a couple humans get hurt.
Zack- Nope. Not ok with that.
Adam- What do you mean no? Do you know what the humans did to my species?
Zack- Yes but violence is not the answer. The only way is through peace and non-violence.
Adam- Screw non-violence. It's time to take action.
Zack- Then I want nothing to do with your whitefang. I'm not doing it. I'll find my own way to bring equality to this world.
I begin to walk further into the woods when I heard a sword being drawn. I turn around.
Adam- You're not leaving the whitefang. I won't let you. The only way for peace is through me and you are gonna be by my side when it finally does happen whether if it's through your own decision or by my force.
Zack- (unsheathes Death Sentence) Adam you don't want to do this.
Adam- I'm done talking.
He charges at me. I block his sword strike and I knew him in the gut bringing him down to his knees. I boot him in the face knocking him flat on his back.
Zack- Stop this.
Adam- Never!!
He gets up and swings his sword at my face. I duck and punch him in the face. I turn him around and slice him in the back then push him to the ground.
Zack- We're done here. I'm leaving whether you like it or not.
Adam gets up and charges at me a third time. I sidestep to the left and slice at his face.
Adam- Aghhh!!!!
He falls to the ground holding his face.
Adam- Agh! Fuck my eye!!
I sheathed Death Sentence I began walking into the woods.
Adam- You traitorous bastard!! I'll kill you!!!
I ignored him and disappeared into the woods.
Flashback end
Zack- So there you have it.
Blake- I'm so sorry.
Zack- Don't be. He had it coming. I'm just glad that I didn't become blind to him.
Blake- He's coming after us both now.
Zack- Don't worry, if we see him again I'll be there to protect you.
Blake- Thanks Zack.
We hug and go back down into the dorms.
Timeskip
Yang (POV)
I'm lying on my bed doing nothing really when I hear a knock on the door. I get up and open the door revealing Zack and his beowolf Kaz.
Zack- Sup.
Yang- Hey.
Zack- Can I come in?
Yang- Yeah sure.
He comes in and sits a chair. Kaz jumps on his lap and sits there.
Yang- So what's up?
Zack- Oh I just wanted to hang out with someone. Being banned from the coliseum and all kinda sucks. Especially when all your friends are there.
Yang- I hear ya.
Zack- You find if I turn on the tv? Ruby texted me that Pyrrha is about to fight Penny.
Yang- Sure.
He turns on the tv and we see Pyrrha and Penny begins to fight.
Penny launches her flying swords at Pyrrha as she rushes her. Pyrrha blocks them with her shield and keeps running. Pyrrha changes her sword into a long spear and begins sword fighting with the flying swords. Pyrrha jumps on one of the swords and swings at down at Penny. Penny's sword form a shield to block Pyrrha's attack. This time Penny rushes Pyrrha and strikes multiple times. Pyrrha blocks all of them but is pushed back.
Yang- This is a good fight.
Zack- Yeah it is.
Kaz- Arf!
Penny swords begin to fire lasers at Pyrrha. Pyrrha runs around avoiding swords and lasers. Pyrrha gets in close and strikes Penny knocking her back. Penny dashes back and hits Pyrrha with an energy barrier. Pyrrha loses her weapons.
Zack- Something's wrong.
Yang- What do you mean?
Zack- The look on Pyrrha face is of fear. It's like she sees something that we can't.
Penny launches her swords at Pyrrha and Pyrrha uses her polarity semblance to knock them back. The swords fly past Penny then she breaks apart into pieces.
Zack- What the hell?!! Nooo! Penny!!!!!
Yang- Oh my Oum! What the fuck.
Zack gets up in and stares at the tv in shock. A chess piece flashes on the tv and a woman's voice comes through.
???- This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children to men who claim to be our guardians but are in reality, nothing more than men. Our academies headmasters wield more power than most armies and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of piece and yet, what do we have here? One nations attempt at a synthetic army mercilessly torn apart by another star pupil. What need would atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the grim can tell the difference. And what I ask you is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment now this? Huntsman and huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating atlas in the tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect vale when grim entered it's streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue to who is right and who is wrong but I know that the existence of piece is fragile and that the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from mistral, I can assure you the situation there is equally undesirable. Our kingdoms are at the brink of war yet we the citizens are left in the dark. So I ask you when the first shot is fired, who do you think you can trust?
The grim breakthrough sirens wail.
A.I- (Intercom)- Grim threat level 9 please evacuate the city.
???- Oh and one more thing. Zachary dearest. I know you can hear me. We have a date to get to sweetheart. Come find me.
The feed goes off and there is nothing but static. I turn to Zack who is visibly shaking. The ground begins to shake. Zack begins to glow black and red and his eye changes.
Zack- Cinder!!!!!!!!
Author: Here we go. Shit is about to go down. Stay tuned.