Chapter 19- Controlling Emotions

Seth avoided me for the past two weeks and it hurts. I tried to call him but he ignores them. He hasn’t responded to any of my text messages or voice mails. Does he regret that night?

I’ve been getting a cab to and from work, I missed Seth driving me around, its the constant thing he did since we met. I haven’t eaten a proper meal for the past two weeks except for the steak we had the last time I saw him.

Amy has been trying to cheer me up whenever she can but it just wouldn’t work. I was too sad to even think about having fun. The guy I like is avoiding me. The guy I like also plans to marry another person. Lastly, the guy I like doesn’t like me back.

I haven’t told the kiss to anyone, not even Amy or my sisters. I am going to lose it at this rate. What am I supposed to do? Its clear Seth doesn’t want to talk to me. If he wants to end our friendship then there must be some kind of closure.

I can’t live hoping that one day Seth would come back to me and realize he needs me as a friend, if he really wants to sever our relationship then he needs to tell me himself. With that thought, I showered and got dressed.

I took a cab towards Seth’s company and I was nervous when I was finally in front of it. I was wearing a turtle neck olive green top, dark skinny jeans and ankle boots. I put a scarf around my neck and wore a black coat. It was autumn and it was beginning to become cold.

I entered the crème colored building and went straight to the receptionist behind a marble top. “How may we help you this afternoon ma’am?” The dark haired woman asked.

“Can I see Mr. Morgan?” Her eyes widened when I said their boss’ name.

“Name please?” I was tempted to give her a fake name but what the heck. I’m here anyways.

“Ysabel Crest.” The moment I told her my name, her eyes widened but she gave a curt nod instead of voicing out her thoughts. I narrowed my eyes at her but she averted her gaze, there is definitely something wrong here.

She dialed numbers and pretty soon she spoke again. “Hi Britney, Ysabel Crest for Mr. Morgan.”

Then she nodded, “Okay.” She hung up the phone and pretty soon I was in an elevator going to the top floor which would be the 45th. Nervous was an understatement. I was freaking out. I don’t know what to do or what to say. Maybe I should have made a speech.

The elevator dinged a little too early and pretty soon I was met with another set of marble tops and another dark haired woman behind it.

“Ms. Crest?” She stood up and I nodded. I was then led to glass double doors and I was led inside. Damn! The place was big, I’ll give him that.

I looked up and saw a chandelier. On my left were a bunch of shelves and a set of off white colored couches. On my right was a mini bar, seriously? And in the middle of the humongous office was a glass table and Seth behind it.

He was watching me take everything in. His eyes were narrowed at me, sensing if I was here to create trouble. But when he realized I was harmless, his eyes softened. I strode towards him and stopped just in front of the glass table.

I took him in, his hair was neatly combed, and he is wearing a black Armani suit and a white polo underneath. He is still the same guy I saw two weeks ago.

“Why are you here?” Seth was the first one to break the silence seeing as I don’t know what to say.

“Losing our manners are we?” I tried to lighten up the mood but his face was still void of any emotion.