N I N E

Muffled voices can be heard as Taehyung slowly wakes up from his slumber. He quickly sat up in panic and looked around to see him on a bed, the room is slightly large, however lacks bedroom necessities inside. It seems to be a guest room from the simple bedside table, closet and a bed displaying the room.

He kept hearing shouting from outside and he cowered on the bed in distaste of how he ruined everything for them. He didn't mean to, he just wanted to make sure his mother is safe.

The bedroom door swung open startling Taehyung as he cowered more into the bed in fear. Namjoon stood with a permanent scowl on his face then stalked towards Taehyung, pulling him to his feet and dragging him to an unusually closed room with nothing but a mirror, chair, table and a light dangling from the ceiling.

"Call your Eomma, you can say whatever reason you want to tell her but we are going to listen through that-" He pointed at the mirror that confirmed Taehyung's suspicion, "-one sided mirror. We can hear everything even if you whisper. You have 10 minutes." He explained briefly before shoving a phone to his hands and leaving Taehyung on the room with a rough slam of the door.

Taehyung looked at the door before his eyes casted towards the mirror. He looked down at the phone in his hand, and slowly dialed the memorized number. While the phone rang, he took a deep breath to control his heart beat but with no avail.

"Hello?" The sweet voice of his mother reached his ear, making his tense body relax from her voice. He put on a soft smile before taking steps towards the table and chair that sat in the middle.

"Eomma." He called out while sitting down, "Eomma..." He could hear his own voice breaking and he thought just how pathetic he is.

"Taehyung? Oh my god Taehyung! Where have you been? I am worried sick-" Taehyung chuckled sadly before closing his eyes and holding the phone tightly in his hand. "Taehyung... where are you? What's going on?" His mother asked softly.

"Eomma... I-I can't come home at the moment... I-" Taehyung opened his eyes then looked at the mirror. "I-I have some duties to finish... with my friends... Y-you know Beomgyu? He asked me a favor that might take a while and I-I don't know when I'll come home since it's really a difficult task... it could be weeks or months, maybe even years! I just... want you to take care of yourself knowing that I'm alright with... with my friend Beomgyu." His fist turned white from clenching on the phone so tightly that he thinks that it might break. He hated lying to his mother, but he couldn't afford to have the police arrest the good people inside the mafia.

"Taehyung... Just-just be careful, alright?" Her worried voice clenched Taehyung's heart, "I'll take care of myself but worry about yourself first. Don't overwork yourself too much. I love you Taehyung." He gulped thickly and gritted his teeth. He wanted to blurt it all out but for the sake of Seokjin and his brothers, he doesn't want them involved.

"A-alright Eomma. I'll feed myself really well!" He could feel the hot tears roll down on his cheeks, keeping his facade up, he continued, "And I'll take care of myself and won't get myself into any kind of trouble. Worry about yourself too Eomma. I-I love you... I love you Eomma." The call ended suddenly as Taehyung spoke out the words he wanted his mom to hear. "I'll miss you so much." His facade slowly crumbling away. He slumped down on the chair and cried.