Chapter 5

「CHAPTER 5」

Marinette had never seen her kwami fidgeting so much before; the entire day she had seemed worried and even though she knew that she had talked to the other kwamis present there about something important, she didn't know what was yet. She also wondered if Alya, Chloé, and Nino would know something due to their kwamis, but that seemed unlikely.

And speaking of her best friend... she had been observing Lila too much since lunch. She had frowned a few times, but apart from that, there was not really a lot of reaction. She wanted to ask her, but getting up from her table would not look good at that moment, so she let out a sigh and keep designing while eating at the same time.

"What are you making, Marinette?" Adrien looked over her notebook, whistling "Wow, that seems like a pretty trunk and... difficult... What is it for?"

Marinette had gotten so red from Adrien's comment that she seemed to have trouble rewiring her brain again, but then she cleared her throat.

"It's... for Chloé. We all have... trunks. And... She wants to... save her teddy bear. So, I... was making... like a little trap" she went on slowly, so red that it hurt "In case someone tries to take something from there, it will close... and it won't let you out... Unless you have the key."

"That's impressive, Marinette" he smiled "And very nice of you."

"Actually I something made similar with my diary. I mean, I made something like that" she huffed.

"Well, still impressive. I'm sure Chloé will like it." Adrien patted her shoulder "Besides, she has been carrying him inside her bag all day and she told me that it was getting annoying somehow."

"Well, later I think I will be able to fix the trunk she has and voilà. One problem out of the table." she said with a little smirk, then realized that she had said a full sentence without stammering and got red a second later.

"I think we're getting better at your shyness towards me" he laughed wholeheartedly "If I knew this was the solution, I would have talked mew-re to you."

Marinette blinked once. Twice; then smiled a little "Did you just make a cat pun? That one was quite bad."

"It's not, it's pawsitively awesome." he winked at her.

She laughed a little "Please, no. It's already bad that Chat Noir makes them."

"Ha, ha. Okay" he smiled "I'll let you go, but I got what I wanted."

"Which was...?"

"To make you relax more, of course" he smirked a bit and then got up "Well, I have to go to class of Ancient Runes. We'll see each other later."

Marinette nodded at that and waved goodbye to him, smiling a lot and butterflies on her stomach. How much could she love the boy, she wondered?

A few classes after, she was in the yard working quickly in Chloé's trunk. She had already worked on making function the trap and showed Chloé the trick, explaining to her to never forget her truck key and to always carry it with her. When she finished, she helped Chloé to take her truck down and then went out to leave, saying goodbye to the blond girl.

Pollen peaked out once she was far from there and no one on the corridor was around and commented "She's a nice girl. Strong sense of justice." Chloé huffed a bit on that. "You have good friends."

"She's not exactly my friend. Well, she has never been" Chloé said to her kwami "I'm grateful that she and Adrien have been helping me on this, but... ehm... Marinette has not exactly been a friend... Until now, I think."