Chapter 13

「CHAPTER 13」

Voldemort wasn't exactly pleased with what he had figured out of Gabriel Agreste. Apart from knowing fashion, knowing how to design and sew, and obviously being interested in getting out from the magical world, the man didn't let out too much of his personal life. However, from what he had gathered from the shop where he was working was that he had an assistant, for who he cared quite a lot, and he had had a wife, who probably he had loved.

Still, this didn't help him too much on knowing what Gabriel wanted to do with the damn magical jewels, though, if he had to bet, he would say it was all for the missing wife. There was no motivation for money or power, since the man had quite the bunch on both sides and the other biggest motivation than usual men tended to have was love, so... It was the most plausible and if he was right... Well, controlling a man that loved someone, missing or not, was simple enough for him and deceiving or threatening someone was easier when knowing the cause of doing something. And Gabriel or Hawkmoth, as he named himself when dressed, was not going to be an exception.

◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢ ◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢

Gabriel knew he had taken a great risk when admitting to his son of being Hawkmoth, so the thing that it had worked in his favor was something that pleased him, even if his son was Chat Noir and that... changed his plans, if only a little.

On the bright side, Adrien had seemed to doubt helping him when he mentioned his reason in wanting his miraculous. He was almost sure that if his kwami hadn't appeared in that moment, he would have gotten Adrien to help him, which would have made things easier. Sadly, the kwami of destruction had taken that opportunity to interrupt and adding that to the young Dupain-Cheng getting out of the bathroom at that moment, he hadn't gotten the opportunity to discuss more with him without being more suspicious.

This obviously meant that his son had now the time to overthink what he had told him, which could be either good or really bad for him. His son could try to talk to the other heroes, especially to Ladybug, but if they didn't know each other, helping him would be rather difficult with him having the upper hand on being close.

The question now was what would his son do. If he chose to help him, they would only have to go against Ladybug, though they should solve all about these wizards first.

"But if he chooses to go against me..." he murmured against his breath, alone in his room.

"Would you fight your own son?" Nooroo asked.

Gabriel almost cracked his neck when hearing his kwami, but didn't answer right away. On the one hand, Emilie was too important to him and he was trying to fulfill his promise to her... On the other hand, Adrien was his only son and hurting him purposefully was unacceptable and something he knew he wouldn't be able to do.

"He will help me get his mother back, he wants her back" he said, not sure if he was convincing himself or his kwami.

"And if he doesn't?" Nooroo asked carefully.

"It's his mother" he replied, nonchalantly.

"He cares for Ladybug too, though" Nooroo pointed out.

Gabriel closed his mouth at that, wishing for a second that he would have made his kwami to shut up before that comment, but he knew that Nooroo was right on that. Adrien (or Chat Noir) cared too much about Ladybug and his loyalty to her was almost unmovable. But again, he knew that Adrien wanted his mother more than anything, so if he was conflicted...

"We maybe will be able to convince him" Gabriel stated "And no more comments from you, Nooroo."

"As you wish, master."