Chapter 11

「CHAPTER 11」

"Wait, Lila!" Rose called and ran to her to try and reach her.

"You really guys have messed this one up good" Kim snorted to them "I can't believe you two. Especially you, Marinette. You should know Chloé by now."

"I think we better talk about the position later" Mylène said with sad eyes.

They left the five friends alone. Alya and Nino were shocked, Chloé was incredibly annoyed, Adrien was shaking his head, and Marinette... She tried to get a grip on her feelings... But the tears from her eyes didn't seem to stop and she started to sob.

"Marinette, girl..." Alya reached for her shoulder, biting her lip "God, I'm sorry..."

Marinette shook her head, but when she tried to speak, she choked and sobbed again. She covered her mouth with her hand, but it was almost impossible. The four of them looked between themselves, trying to comfort her when the clock suddenly indicated that it was quarter past eleven, indicating the end of the recess.

"We have DADA now..." Adrien clicked his tongue in annoyance and turned to Chloé "Do you think you could tell the professor that we two are in the infirmary because she wasn't feeling okay?"

Chloé nodded, squeezed Marinette's shoulder and she left. Both Nino and Alya hugged her tightly, despite that Marinette's mind was in that moment a bit far away from them and even though Alya would love to stay with her, Adrien convinced her to go to class because it was better to not push the professors in another punishment they might think for them, and after a bit, Alya agreed. Once they were alone, Adrien took Marinette by her shoulders and leaded her to the castle, towards the infirmary. He then asked to the nurse something to calm her down and this one came back with an infusion and put a little blanket on her back.

"If you need anything else, I'll be in my office right next to you" she patted her.

"Thank you." Adrien nodded to her and stood next to Marinette, who had stopped sobbing but not crying; her eyes almost red.

Adrien sighed. He had seen Marinette mad, happy, sad... But he had never seen her so broken before. He wanted to let her know that she wasn't alone... That she had him, as well as Nino, Alya, Chloé... She had support.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette" Adrien said after a long moment of silence "I know I said not to do anything because I didn't want her to be akumatized again... But it was selfish of me to ask you to bear it. It wasn't fair after all you do for all of us... I should have seen that it was hurting you..."

Marinette shook her head, the infusion warming her hands and her insides "I... I knew what you meant with that. It... it was not good if she was akumatized once again... You're right... It hurt me. A lot. I hate that people are at her mercy when I could do something... But I do understand your reasons, Adrien. I know you meant the best. I don't hold it against you."

"You're an incredible person, Marinette" he smiled truthfully, though a bit sad "I said it on Heroes' Day, but I'll repeat it... You're always ready to help everyone, not matter what, you're amazing and have an incredible good heart. I can't think of someone who is as selfless as you" he looked fondly at her and Marinette couldn't help but blush "You're supportive, you're cheerful and a great leader in class. And, don't get me started on the other you" he let a tiny laugh out.

Marinette smiled a little at that, cleaning her tears "Thank you, Adrien."

Lila's tears were more of frustration and madness than anything. The only positive part about that was that convincing the rest of the classmates to help her would be easier and the headmaster wouldn't have more choice than believing her word. Making a letter from the supposedly French magic school looked like the best idea to have the power and construct a better environment for her lies to work. How to work it without powers or being an akuma was going to be difficult and although Hawkmoth was in London, she doubted he was that close to notice her. And in any case he was around... Well, she preferred to give him a different victim, one that had not been akumatized yet and was enough sad to be turned into a victim... Yes, Lila didn't mind making Marinette's life more difficult.