Chapter 7

「CHAPTER 7」

Marinette just couldn't believe that they had been already two weeks. Now that some of her classmates had Ancient Runes, she had been taken her time to research on the library. Rose, Juleka, Kim, and Alix were probably outside on the yard enjoying the weather. And Nino and Ivan were doing together on their common room an assignment. Which meant that she was alone. Last day she had been there, she had found a book explaining the interconnection that existed between the magic places and she had intended to find it again. With a big smile, she took it with her and went towards some table. The only one available blessed her lovely luck, had one very busy Gabriel Agreste. Marinette sat down as far as possible from him with a quiet 'salut' and, even though Marinette wasn't looking at him straight on the face, she knew he had raised his head slightly and had nodded to her. After what seemed like a long silent, where Marinette took her time to look over the book trying to search what she wanted to find, Gabriel cleared his throat.

"Anything new all of you have found?" he asked.

"Maybe. I'm not sure." Marinette decided to answer as best as she could. The man could send her some shivers through her spine every time she encountered him.

Gabriel then seemed to leave his attention out of his parchment to look truly at her, raising an eyebrow "Could you maybe elaborate a bit better?"

Marinette bit her lip before getting up of her seat and getting closer to him, book in her hands, showing it to him "Check this out." she pointed to a paragraph "Here it says that every magical city or place, say like this castle or the village you're staying in, are all interconnected like in a net between chimneys and there's no possibility on going into the 'muggle' world using that via. Which means that there's another way of getting from the magical world to the 'muggle' world, and it can't be apparition because I already figured out that only people up from seventeen years old are allowed to do that. But, being that there are children that come from 'muggle' parents, how they get in without knowing magic and not being allowed to do that?"

"You are saying that there must be some kind of door from one world to the other for when that happens." he said.

"Yes, exactly!" she said excitedly "But, obviously, it can't be done from this castle and neither from that village."

Gabriel sighed, looking at the book again "If what they say here is true, then, as you have said, there must be a door that would lead us to our world. How to find it seems like the next problem."

"Yeah..." she sighed "This book is good and has a lot of stuff but my knowledge of English is not that good..."

She thought about a solution, the silence providing them with the sounds of the door being opened and closed, the students passing pages...

"I could take the book if you like and see if I can find our answer so we can go back to our respective places." he suggested.

Before Marinette could answer, Nino appeared behind her "I've been looking all over for you, Marinette. It's about to be recess time and we were getting together..." he stopped and gulped "Hey there, d-Monsieur Agreste."

"Good morning." he then went back to Marinette "So, what do you say, Mademoiselle Dupain-Cheng? I can check the book in the village, see if I can find the answer and contact all of you as soon as possible."

"Oh, you found something?" Nino said excited to Marinette and then thought of something, remembering the words of his kwami "Maybe we could decipher it together now on the recess. If you don't mind accompanying us, Monsieur Agreste. I'm sure between a lot more people we will be able to find what we are looking for."