Distracted

Author's POV

It was a normal day at the avengers tower. Steve and Natasha were siting in the living room, Steve sketching and Natasha was sitting there bugging Steve. Clint and Tony were in the kitchen arguing about something stupid, Banner was gone, Thor was back on Asgard, and who knew where everyone else was.

"Steve when will you show me what your drawing?" Natasha whined.

Steve looked up at Nat, "Never, you know I don't show anyone what's in here."

Natasha sighed and slumped down on the couch. Steve saw her and chuckled a bit. He kept on sketching but he was distracted. He glanced up at Natasha way to much, she was fidgeting with her widow bites and her other gadgets. Her movement wasn't why he kept glancing at her though, she was so beautiful, that's why he kept looking. Her red hair shone bright at the angle she was sitting at, and those emerald eyes were so beautiful, that it was hard not to look.

"What ya looking at Rogers?" She asked with a smirk, she noticed.

"Oh, um, nothing." He replied blushing.

"Sure, lets go with that." She smiled at him and then got up and left to the kitchen.

That smile, that darn smile. It lit up the entire world, it made Steve so happy when she smiled.

Steve sat there for a while thinking about Natasha. He tried to fight the feeling of him liking her, but it just wouldn't go away.

"You should tell her." Wanda said coming out of nowhere.

"What?" Steve jumped.

"Common Steve, I know you like Natasha. It's obvious, and I can read minds, but still it's obvious."

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"Steve, sometimes you just gotta go for it."

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks Wanda."

Steve was walking into the kitchen, weird, it was quiet. Clint and Tony weren't in here anymore, just Natasha, and she was sitting on the counter, like usual. "Perfect." Steve thought.  Steve grabbed a drink of water and watch Natasha stand up, still on the counter, and try to reach something. It took her a couple tries, but in the end she got in. Getting down she tripped and Steve ran and caught her.  He looked into her beautiful emerald eyes and she looked into his baby blue ones. "Thanks." She smiled.

"Yea, no problem." Steve told her. He put her down and then said, "Hey Nat?"

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"Umm, Nat would you, like to go out with me, sometime?" He asked blushing like crazy.

Natasha starred at him in shock and then finally said, "Of course I would." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Really?" Steve asked.

"Yes, I thought you would never ask. How about the SHIELD cafe, tonight, at 7:00?"

"Sounds good." Steve said.