Steve's Birthday

//AN: Happy 4th of July for all of you who celebrate it, I'm not American so I don't celebrate this holiday, but I wanted to do a one-shot of Steve's birthday, I thought it would be cute. Enjoy!

Also in the one-shot, Steve and Natasha live in their own house in Brooklyn, not in the Avengers tower. 

-

-

-

Author's POV

Steve woke up to the smell of pancakes and fresh coffee. He also noticed Natasha wasn't in bed beside him anymore. He decided that he better get up before she burnt the house down cooking. 

He got up and threw on some clothes, a t-shirt and some jeans. He walked out to the kitchen to find Natasha wearing one of his shirts and attempting to cook pancakes. 

They always say you can never sneak up on a spy, and this proved it. Before he was two steps out of the hallway that lead to their room she spun around and smiled. "Good morning birthday boy." He smiled back and continued walking over to her. "Thanks." She turned back around to face the pancakes she was cooking. He looked into the batter, she had put red, white, and blue star sprinkles in it. "Natasha, did you-" Before he could finish his sentence she smirked and replied, "Yep. Is it not okay to annoy your husband on his birthday?" He rolled his eyes, "It's more cute than annoying. Now do you need any help before you burn the place down?"  

"No, I think I'm good thank yo-" Just before she could finish her sentence her batch of pancakes were burning. She quickly took them off, dropping two out of 3 on the floor while she moved them to the plate. Steve stood there and laughed. "You sure about that?" She glared at him, "I can cook, just not pancakes." He walked over to the burnt pancake, "Apparently." 

She lightly punched him on the shoulder and then said, "I know this is supposed to be your birthday breakfast, and I'm supposed to cook for you, but if want these pancakes to taste good, you may want to help me." He laughed and walked over beside her. For about 15 minutes they were laughing and having fun making pancakes. 

Once they were done they both had batter on their faces, all over the floor, on the oven, and barely any pancakes, probably only 5 or 6. Steve laughed, "That was fun, but we gotta clean up and then eat." Natasha groaned, "You always know how to be a killjoy don't you." Steve looked at her, "If I was a killjoy would I have even done this?" Natasha shook her head, "Eh, probably not."

After cleaning up, they ate their pancakes and then just sat on their couch. Natasha was laying her head on his shoulder, and Steve was drinking his coffee. She looked up at him, "Steve?" He looked down at her, "Yeah?" She sat up at stretched, "It's 11:00, people are going to be here soon, we should get ready." He nodded and then realized what she said, "People?" She laughed and replied to his question, "You know, Tony and Pepper, Thor, Clint, Sam. All of them."         Steve looked surprised, "Ohhh, yea right. Sorry." Natasha chuckled and kissed him before standing up and walking to their room to get dressed. 

A little while later both adults were ready for people to come over. Steve just had jeans, a black shirt on, with his leather jacket thrown over top. While Natasha had black pants, her brown leather jacket done up, and her tall brown boots.

People started coming over around 11:30, Tony made a snarky comment about Steve's age coming in and Pepper hit his arm. Clint came with his entire family, Lila and Cooper were very excited to see their favorite aunt and uncle. Everyone sat in the living room and talked, they had cake and opened presents. The Barton's were staying over night since they lived so far away, and didn't feel like staying over in the avengers tower. Natasha and Laura were setting up one of the spare rooms for the kids, blowing up an air mattress for the kids. While Steve was helping Clint set up the play pen for Nate. 

Once everyone was settled they were all sitting in the living room. Lila and Cooper sitting with Steve and Nat. It was about 9:00 pm when Clint finally said, "Alright time for bed kids." Laura had gone to the spare room a while ago to put Nate to sleep, and must have fallen asleep because she never came back. Cooper gave his aunt and uncle a hug before getting up and walking to the spare room. Lila frowned but gave Natasha and Steve a hug. She looked up at Steve and said, "Happy Birthday uncle Steve." before hopping off his lap and over to her dad. Clint said goodnight and they replied the same.

The two sat on the couch just enjoying each other's presence for about 5 minutes before Natasha spoke up, "Steve, I never gave you my present yet." He looked into her beautiful emerald eyes, "You gave me your present by just being here with me." She smiled and joked, "I know." Steve chuckled and she said, "Do you want to know what your actual present is or not?" He nodded. "Of course." Natasha leaned up and whispered in his ear, "Steve, I'm pregnant." Steve was shocked, "Really?" She smiled and rested her head on his chest, "Yes, your going to be a father." He smiled and kissed the top of her head, "Thank you, for making this the best birthday ever."

-

-

-

-

-

//AN: I swear that started out good, and then went downhill, and then kind of went back up to kind of good. Haha sorry.