Only Know You Love Her When She's Gone

//AN: Before we start I need to say, SPOTIFY HATES ME. Yeah, that's all. 

When I study or do homework I listen to the avenger soundtracks, because apparently you focus better with music without words. SO I was studying like any normal person. AND FRICKIN SPOTIFY is like, let's torture this person. So they decide it's a good idea to play the song before Gamora dies, then the song before Nat dies, AND THEN THE SONG WHEN GAMORA DIES, AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF THEY PLAY THE SONG WHERE NAT DIES!! No songs in between, those four songs in a row! So at this point I'm in tears, cause that's some depressing ass shit.  and that's not the first time they have done this.

aNYWAYS let's actually get on with the one-shot, sorry to keep you all waiting. I'm just mad at spotify and the Russo's.

Also this might be sad so, just warning you. And anything slanted a small flashback.

-

-

-

Steve's POV:

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce's words echo in my head. 

I walk into the empty room we last talked in. The tears rolling down my cheeks, and I let them. She was always there for me, and I didn't even say goodbye.

"See you in a minute." 

I walked over to the desk, the peanut butter sandwich still sitting there. I smile a sad smile as it brings back what she said when I first came in here.

"If you're about to tell me to look on the bright side, I'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich." 

She was always there for me. When Peggy died, when Bucky came back, when everything fell apart, she went against her own team to save me. I can't believe she's gone. 

I wondered around the room for a couple more minutes. My thoughts attacking me with every step I took. 

Her ballet shoes were on a chair, I didn't realise those were there before, heck, I didn't even know she stilled danced. I smiled a sad smile of the memories that one pair of shoes could bring back. The first time I saw her dance was my favourite. 

"You just going to keep starring Rogers? You know it's impolite." Her back was facing me but I knew she had a smirk across her lips. I cleared my throat. I didn't know the deadly assassin danced, and I most certainly did not know she saw me. "Uh, I- sorry. I didn't know you danced." She turned around with a playful look in her eyes. Then she when back to dancing, only small movements. "It calms me. Gets my mind off things." 

I really should have stayed with her for those five years instead of coming by for short visits every now and then. Of course she would have danced if it calmed her! I should've been there for her for those five years, and I should have done something else so she wouldn't be gone. 

I leaned on the desk as a few stray tears rolled down my cheeks. "I'm sorry Natasha. I should have done more. I should have told you that...that I loved you. But now it's too late." I whispered, but my voice got quieter as I spoke. 

"She knew." 

I looked up, I should have made sure no one was around to hear that. But when I saw it was only Clint I sighed. He was leaning against the door frame. His eyes were red and tear stains across his cheeks. I wasn't the only one who loved her. Clint was a brother to her, he knew her better than anyone. So I took his words that he had just recently spoken and nodded. "Sorry, I didn't know you were right there." 

Clint shrugged and walked further into the room. "She loved you too Steve." 

//AN: sorry about the crappy ending, and just crappy one-shot in general. I really wanted to write this but when I got to it I lost a lot of inspiration. Never the less, I continued writing it and it turn out as bad as I thought but it could definitely be better. Anyways I'm gonna try to post more love you guys 3000 have a great night!