Handcuffed

Steve had just woken up from another nightmare from being in the ice. He was sitting up straight in a cold sweat. The room of the avengers tower was dark and lonely at this time of night. Even though the avengers, or that's what they called themselves, had almost just formed, Stark had already built rooms in the so called, avengers tower. 

Steve steadied his breathing before walking out to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Once he had got his water and was walking back to the sleeping halls, he could almost he silent whimpers. He ignored them at first but they kept getting louder as he walked towards his room. 

At this point it was hard to ignore them. The only other person in the tower was Natasha, why would the famous Black Widow be whimpering at 3 am?

He slowly walked towards her room, not knowing her very well he wasn't 100% sure if this was the right move. But he would kick himself if he didn't.

Once he got to her room he could hear the whimpers were not whimpers and they were almost silent screams. He picked the lock on her door and opened it. Once he was inside he walked towards her bed, and the closer he got, the better he could see her restless body. She was tossing and turning, along with silent screams and repeating the words, "I have no place in the world." 

Steve was almost puzzled, he knew she was from Russia and was in a program called The Red Room. He didn't know anything else about her past, but seeing this made him feel bad for her. The pain she must have been through, and at such a young age too. 

But once he got close enough he saw her one arm sticking to the bed frame, and she had handcuffs? Yea, handcuffs around her wrist and the bed frame. 

At this point he was right beside the bed, he touched her to wake her up and it worked. Just a touch. Right away Natasha, with one hand, flipped her intruder on the floor and point a gun at him. 

"Natasha, wait, it's Steve." Steve told her cringing a bit with the gun pointed at him. How did she get a gun so quickly in the first place anyways.

Natasha put the gun down and turned on her lamp, her right hand still cuffed to the bed. "Rogers? What are you doing in here? It's 3 am!" She exclaimed, clearly confused.

"I heard you screaming and thought I'd see if you were alright." Steve said standing up now. "Are you alright?"

Natasha hesitantly nodded, "Yea, I'm fine. Sorry if I woke you." Steve pressed his lips together, he knew she was lying but he let it be. Then he shook his head, "No no, I was already awake." 

Natasha's lips formed an 'o' shape, she was looking down, forgetting her other hand was cuffed to the bed frame. When she looked back up at Steve she noticed that he was looking at her bed frame. Her eyes widened and she remembered that her other hand was cuffed. "Uhhh, old habit?" She said awkwardly. Steve nodded his head. "The Red Room?" He asked, not even realising what he said before he said it. "Sorry. I didn't-"

Natasha laughed a bit, "It's alright Rogers. But yea, the Red Room." Steve nodded and an awkward silence filled the room. "I'm gonna go back to sleep. You sure you're alright?"

Natasha nodded, "Yea, I'm all good. Thanks Rogers."

"Anytime Romanoff." 

//AN: Sorry this was so bad and rushed. I've been writing a script for a movie I want to direct when I'm older (wow I'm such a nerd) so I kinda forgot about this book. SO sorry I'll try to write in here more. Love you guys 3000.