Cell Shocked

Authors Note

Thank you for venturing into a little part of my world and imagination.

This piece is short and not perfect so if you find any mistakes, please feel free to message me or leave a comment or send a message 😊.

Btw, do not steal, I repeat, DO NOT STEAL my work. As short as it is, it was hard work. YOU WILL BE CAUGHT!

🤔 I forgot what else I wanted to say. Well since you're here, sit back, relax, get comfy, get a blanket and a cup of whatever you sip on and get ready to read.

Just a fyi, this piece is written mostly from a 1st person's pov. 

★★★

Not in a million years, I thought I'd experience something like this. Not in a million years had I even considered the possibility.

Not in a million years did I ever think that...

"You!" Someone shouted. "Make your way to the front."

I got up and slowly walked to the front of the cell. It was me, right? I'm the one he was talking about, right?
As I walked I took note of my knees and how they rubbed together, how my feet and body shook uncontrollably, of how my teeth chattered from the cold.

The cell; was dank and smelt of piss, vomit and other bodily waste. It was only meant for about five to ten people, for holding purposes but currently had about fifteen.
The walls held an infinite number of curses/expletives in many different languages, art, and styles.

Walking from my corner I found myself looking at the faces I was leaving behind. Men, women, teenagers were all trapped together in that hell hole they called a holding cell.

"I don't have all night little lady," he scolded but no matter how I tried to make my limbs move faster, they disobeyed.

I finally made it to the front of the cell after what seemed like a long day's trek up a very steep mountain. I swallowed and flinched when he opened the cell.

"We don't have all night!" He said through gritted teeth as he locked the cell and grabbed hold of my upper arm.

"Please," I begged as the tears started cascading down my face once again. "I didn't do anything, just please listen."

"I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut little girl," he warned. "You're already in a lot of shit."

I did as I was told as we made our way to the interrogation room, again. It would be my second time for the night and supposedly a lawyer would be there with me.
I didn't know what to think, I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I didn't think of getting a lawyer, after all, I was innocent.
I let the tears continue to fall and stain my face, washing away the rest of my now stale and almost faded mascara and liner.

When the officer decided to let go, he pushed me towards the chair in the room and handcuffed me to the desk as soon as I sat.
I wanted to rub my arm so badly where he had held me but now I was restricted. It was burning and looking over to the spot, I saw that his fingers left an imprint on my arm.

Looking at the one-way mirror in the room I saw someone looking back. Was that really me?
My once perfectly made-up face was now, a disaster. The last of my black liner and mascara was running down my cheeks, my eyes and lips were swollen and red, as well as my nose, despite my chocolate complexion. My once neatly gelled hair that was caught in a high bun was sticking out in all directions from my constant touching and scratching. My white bodycon dress was slowly turning brown, mostly on the back from me sliding down the cell walls and sitting on the floor and now my red stilettos were nowhere to be seen.
I rest my head on my arms and wondered where all the tears were coming from. I thought was all cried out.
I wondered what was going to happen to me. Why was it happening?

"Don't you worry little one, we'll get you out of here," a deep voice announced as the door closed.

I slowly raised my head and saw a pair of calm black eyes staring back at me and at that very moment, all traces of fear disappeared.