Secret

"Can we not do this right now," she asked sitting on the couch. The fake leather crumpled and squeaked beneath her as she did. The smell of weed circulated in the small living room, filled the air and her lungs, trying to calm her. She never did smoke but loved the smell and of course, she did indulge in a few brownies and other things, occasionally.

"Not do what?" He mumbled kissing her neck.

"Hale, you're high okay and I'm not in the mood."

"Hmm, I love it when you call me by my last name. Say it again baby." He continued to kiss her neck and cheeks then moved to her lips.

"Damn it!" She shouted pushing him off and getting up. "I really don't have time for this shit!"

"Okay," he smiled and held his hands up in defense. "I'm sorry. Come sit down and tell me what's bothering you." He patted a spot beside him and waited.

She looked at him and wondered why she was in his apartment again.
He was handsome; with his light brown complexion and braids that fell to his back and was so soft to the touch, his thick red lips that always pleased her no matter where they touched, and his hazel eyes that seemed to see right through to her soul. He was tall with soft gentle hands that knew nothing of hard work but he was smart, kind, loving and he cared deeply for her. But lately...