Surprise

We've been in a limousine before, but not one that looked like this.
Traveling this way as we couldn't know exactly where we were going was one of the conditions of seeing Sam but neither one of us cared.
The luxurious car had all the comforts of a house and more and it made me wonder if I'd ever lived like that one day, after all, it was my dream to be 'comfortable'.

"Check out the food Viv, it's freaking amazing."

Unlike Sam and I who were on the border of being considered thick, Amanda could eat anything and stay slim. Her metabolism worked like The Flash.

"Come on, have some fruits at least," she said shoving a small cup at me.

I don't know how she could be eating at a time like this. I was so nervous. It was only a week but I wondered if she'd look any different. Was she eating? Was she jogging like she used to? Was she doing the fun things she loved?

"Shit, I forgot her laptop." I covered my face and took a deep breath. I was so excited to see her that I'd forgotten to bring some of her stuff. What has she been wearing?

"I'm pretty sure she has stuff Viv, don't worry about it. You need to worry about you." She sat across from me and became serious. "You haven't eaten since last night."

"I'll eat when I see her, " I answered simply, trying to look out the window. They were tinted so dark, we were just barely able to see through. On the outside looking in, however, you wouldn't see a thing.

"Who says they'll feed you?" She laughed. "Get it while its available man." She went back to munching on some tiny meat sandwiches.

The divider came down and the driver announced that we would be arriving shortly. This little piece of information had me sitting on the edge of my seat and Amanda cleaning up quickly. She had been so carefree this whole journey but now she was excited but cautious.

As the car came to a stop, none of us moved. Manda was now sitting beside me, holding my hand.
The door opened and the driver looked at us and smiled. He's been so nice. I think he said his name was, Chance.

"It's okay ladies, come on out. You won't see her if you stay in there." He smiled again, the smile reaching those rich chocolate brown eyes.
He held his hand out to help us and we took it.

I immediately wanted to go back into the limo.
The house, no the mansion I was looking at made me feel so underdressed and I could tell Manda felt the same, as I glanced in her direction and saw her looking down at her worn-out blue skinny jeans and baggy button-downs and sneakers.
I was wearing a floral maxi dress with slippers.

The beautiful patches of different color flowers in front of the house made you want to strut over and smell them or even just pick one and stick it in your hair.

"This way," he said walking in front of us towards the steps that led to a big French door, consisted mainly of glass.

I was never the one to be surprised or awed by things but this was a lot. Yes, I've seen them in movies, drove past a few but never in my wildest dreams I thought I'd be standing in one.

We were frozen by the size and decor.

"Chance, don't just have them standing there," a woman said from the kitchen.

He rolled his eyes and started walking. "We literally just came through the door mom." He stopped at the entrance and we stood beside him, surveying our surroundings. I wanted to crawl into a hole.

"So who's who," she said sporting an identical smile to her son's.

My mouth was dry. Manda spoke up.

"I'm Amanda and this Vivian."

She laughed. "I already knew that just need you to talk. It's okay, relax and make yourselves at home. Now, Shameka here will take you to Sammie."

"Where is she?" I finally asked.

"In her room," she said sadly. "That's mostly where she's been."

"This way please," Shameka said walking past us.

We followed her up the stairs, through a passage and stopped at the first door on the right.

"Miss. Harvey?" She knocked and waited for an answer.

Oh, Miss Harvey I mouthed.

"Shameka it's Saman..."

Her sentence trailed off when she saw us behind the female and as if on cue tears started streaming down her face.

"Are you guys really here?" She hiccup.

Amanda walked over to the door and pinched her on the arm, then hugged her tightly. "What do you think dumb?"

It took a while but she returned the hug and as she held Manda, I threw my arms around both of them.
Our family was complete again.