Chapter Three: Feel The Flow (Part Two)

"Get set to get decked! Yah!" Yuma declares, confidently. Shark stands across the field, looking unfased. Yuma's cards spread out in front of him in holographic format.

"I summon Zubaba Knight! You're goin' down, Shark!" His monster appears, triumphantly growling its own name. It's a warrior with flashy knives and gold armor. (ATK 1600 DEF 900)
"'Course since I went first, I'm not allowed to attack this turn. So go ahead- your move!"
"Hmhm! Got that right! And with it, I intend to crown that Knight! It's my draw! Hah!" Shark adds the card he drew to his hand.
"I summon forth Big Jaws!" He declares. Big Jaws is a brilliant monster. Rio got me looking at WATER decks and it's amazing with its attack. It's good to equip spells onto. Increasing its attack power means it defeats opponents monsters easier. (ATK 1800 DEF 300)
"Man! Eighteen hundred attack points!"
"That's right. And since Zubaba Knight is just sixteen hundred, you're in deep water! After all, when two monsters fight, the one with the least attack points is destroyed, and its owner takes the difference as damage!" Screens of their faces appear as they talk across the field.
"Aw, great, so that means I'm losing two hundred lifepoints!" Yuma complains. I sigh. It's early in the duel, but anyone can tell Yuma is definitely outmatched this time.
"Next time, play your weak monster in defense mode. Although, it really wouldn't've mattered this time. 'Cause a' this! The spell card, Aqua Jet! Now until the end of this turn, my Big Jaws gains one thousand attack points!" Impressive turbines attach to either of Big Jaws' flanks. Its attack points increase to 2800. I told you equip spells are useful. Shark's cronies speak up.

"There it is!"

"Yep, Shark's super spell combo!"

"Now, Big Jaws, it's feeding time! Attack!" Shark declares battle. Big Jaws' new propellers fling it high into the air, and it dives down on Yuma's field with jaws wide open then dives straight into the ground underneath. We all stumble as the ground shakes; a big, sharp fin is slicing through the paved sidewalk straight for us! Big Jaws erupts from the pavement; Zubaba Knight runs forward to challenge it. Tori and Bronk stay where they are. I move so I'm Centre outside field. Zubaba Knight's challenge is to no avail. Big Jaws clamps those jaws around Zubaba Knight's arm, snapping off armor on contact; Zubaba Knight shatters. Yuma's lifepoints decrease to 2800.
"Agh! My lifepoints!"
"Next I'll place a facedown card, and end my turn." Play shifts back to Yuma;
"Nuts...! We just started, and I'm already down in a big way! I gotta even the score. I summon out, Gagaga Magician!" Yuma says. Bad thing about Yuma; he never thinks things through. Gagaga Magician is a sorcerer masked, robed, and armored in shades of orange, brown, and black. He wears and wields thick iron chains, and glares across the field over his black facemask. (ATK 1500/ DEF 1000)
"You're summoning him in attack mode, with just fifteen hundred attack points?!" Shark starts laughing.

"You just don't listen, do ya!" I shout. Shark looks at me for a second and smiles.
"Oh, I sure do." Shark stops laughing.
"Hyah! That's why I'm equipping Gagaga with this: Wonder Wand!" Wonder Wand is a magician's staff capped with a green sphere and bearing a carved, dignified face. In Gagaga Magician's hand, it raises Gagaga's attack points to 2000.
"Now my Magician gains five hundred attack points! You said play weak monsters in defense mode; well, he's no weak monster!"

"Hey, all right! Now Gagaga's stronger than Big Jaws!"

"Now go, mighty magician! Reel in that fish!"
"How 'bout you try an' get real. I play my facedown!" Shark declares. Yuma's a close friend, and I don't know why, but I want Shark to win this. The facedown trap card Shark set on the field earlier now flips.
"Your facedown?" I sigh. Yuma doesn't listen at all.
"That's right- Zeus' Breath!" Shark's trap when played comes onto the field in the form of a mighty, god-like figure with glowing red eyes; with a wave of his staff, a fierce, wet wind begins to blow, growing to a storm. My hair blows around my shoulders.
"And I have a feeling it's gonna sting for you because with this trap, I can put a stop to your monster's attack!" Gagaga Magician gets a faceful of water, and Yuma's next, getting chased down and swamped by a wave.)
"Wha! Whaaaa!"
"And there's more! If I have a water monster on my field, you also take eight hundred points of damage! And there is a water monster on my field. So prepare to be soaked, with a serious splash of damage!"
"Aa-aa-aaahhh...!" A lightning bolt crashes among the waves, and zaps Yuma, spinning him out of the whirlpool to bounce across the hard ground. His lifepoints now read 2000. The massive waves created by the card effect shatter in a spray of gold mist, as if they were never there. Yuma's still recovering.
"Ohh, boy..." I wish he'd not be so reckless for once. "