Chapter Thirteen: New Nightmare

Yuma finally got around to asking me about Number 37. It went better than expected. He told me since I'm so good at resisting it's power, I can keep it until a later time. I tried to give him Number 14: Greedy Saramaya and Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice, but he only took Saramaya, claiming Frozen Lady Justice was made for me and my Ice Barrier Deck.

After wondering around with Yuma and Tori for a while, I got bored and decided to duel of my own accord. I'm walking down Heartland Main Street, when a voice calls me. I whip around to see no one but the everyday civilians. I walk again, and the voice says my name, louder. I spin towards an alleyway, and cautiously walk down it. I see nothing, but the voice instructs me. I'm unable to resist it. Left, right, up ahead. There's an eerie atmosphere in the air but I shake it off. Up ahead, is a faint glowing. I bend bend down to it, seeing a card. This is bad. I know it's a bad situation, but I can't resist this card. This Number. Number 47: Nightmare Shark. It's light blinds me, before anything else becomes a complete blur.

Shark POV:

It's been a while since I've talked to Rose. A day, almost. The whole afternoon at least. I regret what I said. I just want to keep her safe. I wonder the streets of Heartland, looking for duellists in the Carnival. I was going to look for Quattro, but he wouldn't duel me straight away.

I hear a commotion coming from a random alleyway. It's a small one, but there's a door at the end. With caution I open it and see a narrow stairway. Upon reaching the bottom, my gaze sets on a secret courtyard. It has ivory walls, winding green vines, and delicate patterns. The place is ancient by the looks of things. I've lived in Heartland my whole life and never once heard of this place.

In the centre of it, are two duellists. No...no no no. No! One duellist happens to be Rose, who is emanating a terrifying dark pink aura. The duellist standing across from her is a thin male duellist with blonde hair and red streaks. Rose's appearance is the same as always, with the exception of pink streaks in her hair. Where did they come from?!

"Rose!" I shout. She looks at me, clear disdain written on her face.

"What do you want?" She asks, in a low tone.

"What are you doing?!" I hear the worry ring clear in my words.

"Duelling. Now, my turn!" She draws a card and adds it to her hand of three cards. On her field are two monsters I don't recognise, a face down monster and a face down Spell or Trap.

"I Summon Gorgonic Cerberus!" (ATK 1300 DEF 300)

"Now since Evilswarm Heliotrope is a Rock-Type monster, my Cerberus' ability makes my monster Level 3!" Evilswarm? Rose's deck is Ice Barrier, WATER attribute like mine and Rio's. Her old monster now changes it's level to 3. I think I know what's coming next. Wait. Number 37 isn't a rank 3.

"I overlay my two monsters! I Xyz Summon! Hellish creature from the deepest depths, make your fierce presence be known! Be born, Number 47: Nightmare Shark!" (ATK 2000 DEF 2000) I shudder in horror. A new Number? She must have found it whilst I haven't been with her.

"Now! I activate Brain Control! This means I'm taking one of your lovely monsters! I choose...Beast of Talwar." (ATK 2400 DEF 2150) The opposing duellist looks completely terrified of Rose. And I hate to say...I am too. 'What am I supposed to do? Think, Shark, think....'

"Next, I flip up Evilswarm Thunderbird!" (ATK 1650 DEF 1050) Her Monster is an ugly sight to behold.

"Now, my facedown activates! Dark Mirror! By tributing one monster on my field, I can use this card as a copied version of Thunderbird!" Another version of her monster appears as Beast of Talwar disappears.