50 : Its just beginning (2)

"I know what you are....manik....!!!" and nandu stops holding his hand as darkness surrounds them while he noticing the panic in her tone rests his hand on hers and "relax....it's just the power cut"

Not replying nandu moves close to his side making him cringe his eyebrows and "nandini what's wrong....you are trembling"

"I am ok...!!!" and she whispers in a low tone while manik remembering that nandu had her cell in her hand silently turns on the torch light taking cell from her hand and placing it on couch near them and "you forgot that you are having a cell and can turn on the torch light....how are you ok??"

"I just....drifted back....one night at alia house....there was a power cut and....he was at house....so I just.....!!!" and nandu utters licking her lips while manik pulls her into his arms and "he didn't hurt you right"

"no" and she mutters closing her eyes feeling safe in his arms while he makes his grip tighter on her and "who was he....i mean do we know him"

"tch....we don't know him....he was already a reported victim....apparently he blackmailed few other in the similar way like he did to alia....he used his looks to act and have his ways with women....others fell for it being conscious while alia have a doubt that whatever happened it was because of her getting drunk in a club a couple of months back....!!!" and nandu utters hearing to his heart beat calming down while he sighs feeling glad that it all ended and "whatever it is....you sorted out everything....so just stop thinking about it and don't worry"

"hmmm" and nandu stands enjoying their closeness while manik cups her cheeks pulling back a little making her stare him and "you have no idea how worried I was when you weren't here in front me.....so promise me.....promise me that you will always let me know if there is something you have to take care of....i will never question you but you have to let me know that you are good....somewhere safe....!!!"

"I promise" and nandu whispers with a smile feeling blessed to have him in her life while he traces her cheek with his thumb and "am not sure whether something similar may or may not happen again....but I don't want us to go through that pain again.....may be if we knew what we were actually handling there would have been less misunderstandings and in fact no misunderstandings to be more specific....!!!"

"You are by any chance talking about you handling riya while I was handling alia???" and nandu utters raising her eyebrows while manik nods his head and "yaaa"

"I don't know....i said about everything so now you say....you never thought that riya was trying to get close to you" and nandu mutters removing his hands from her cheeks while manik nods his head as a no entwining their fingers and "nahi....she never really tried getting close to me....she never gave me any hints too and besides I was busy thinking about you and your weird behavior all the while so to be true I never really thought about riya"

"Everyone was talking about you two....you both were seen in restaurants together and you wouldn't want to hear all the things people were saying behind you" and nandu utters getting serious not liking to even say those things while manik stares her for a moment and "you just heard yourself how riya was spreading rumors wontedly about us....yes I was in restaurants with her but to attend the meetings along with other people....it's not my fault if everyone say things as if I was alone spending some romantic time with riya....and I definitely wouldn't know what riya was doing as everyone was talking behind me and not to me"

"You could have drawn a line between your friendship" and nandu mutters scoffing while manik draws small patterns on her skin and "you know I don't sit and plan about any relationship....when we both were away....she listened to me for hours when all I did was blabbering about you....she just always made me believe that you would come back to me and we would again end up being together....maybe I was wrong but I thought that she was being just a true support and a true friend....you were the reason for beginning of our friendship and I won't regret any of that....its she who was wrong....who was getting close to me with some motive....i agree that I made a mistake by trusting her but no.....i don't regret anything because that would mean declining about my feelings....as a true friend which were pure....!!!"