The one in which; they were #bugheadforlife

Okay, it's been a while. I dont have an excuse except for my reads were going up like crazy and I didnt wanna ruin it lmao. But anyways- please leave some suggestions, I'm struggling for ideas here :)

I remember reading something like this and a prompt like this so credit to whoever came up with the idea I guess!

"Jughead Jones get those cold feet off of me or you can go sleep on the floor with Kevin!" 

4 degrees Celsius. It was 4 degrees in the small town called Riverdale. It didn't take a genius to know it was cold, the frost on any window or the foggy clouds from the breath of the people walking around in their coats was enough to tell even the dumbest of people that it was cold.

So in the dead of night, even after all the late night stragglers or teenage party goers had found their way home, or at least to someones home to escape the cold, the Cooper residence still seemed to be buzzing. 

"Hmm," mumbled a tired Jughead as he tried to bury his face into the crook of her neck, not moving his feet.

It was now, 2 hours after the friends had left Cheryl 'Bombshell' Blossom's party, that Kevin, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead were all laying in their makeshift beds, attempting to conserve what warmth that was trapped inside Betty's room. 

"Jug!" Betty whined when his cold feet didn't move from her legs, trying to squirm away from him, "I'm serious!"

"Well, maybe my feet wouldn't be cold if you weren't hogging the blanket!" Jughead shot back at her, attempting to pull the blanket closer to him. The loved up couple couldn't see it in the dark, but Kevin and Veronica were rolling their eyes at them, sharing a knowing look.

"How about both of you go to sleep or Jughead can come and sleep on the spare mattress," Veronica told them sharply, while Kevin nodded along with the raven-haired girl, agreeing with her.

"Fine," Betty and Jug groaned simultaneously, the room going silent soon after. These petty little arguments weren't strange for the couple, or for Kevin and Veronica to witness for that matter. Although whether it be Betty taking all of Jugheads flannels ("They're just so warm and they smell like you!" Betty said in her defense) or Jughead eating her fries at Pops (spoiler alert, they compromised by sharing all of their food) they always seemed to end up loved up and content with Veronica and Kevin muttering '#Bugheadforlife'.

When it just seemed like all was calm and everyone had finally drifted off to sleep, the sheets on Betty's bed rustled and moved.

"Jughead!" Betty whisper yelled, using his full name to show him just how annoyed she really was, "Your hands are cold, get them away from my waist!"

"Again, I shall say, I'm only cold cause you took the blankets! I'm trying to use you for warmth but no! Let your boyfriend freeze!"

"Right! Both of you shut up! Jughead move to the mattress over near me! There's a spare pillow next to Veronica!" Kevin snapped. 

"Fine," he groaned, rolling off of Betty's bed, stumbling tiredly over to the mattress before flopping down with an 'oof'.

Silence filled the room again, no one moved or said anything. 10 minutes later, when Kevin and Veronicas' breaths began to deepen, signifying they were asleep, Jughead and Betty were still awake.

 Staring at the roof, Jughead sighed. He didn't like sleeping alone, even though he knew he was in the same room as her, he needed her in his arms, her soft hair in his face. He tossed in his 'bed' trying to find a comfortable position but coming up unsuccessful.

Betty huffed. She probably should've just let him be with his cold feet and hands. But no, and now they had been separated. It was sad to say, but she missed him, even if they were still in the same room, she had grown accustomed to the protective grip around her waist and his soft snores that tickled the back of her neck. She knew she should probably let him back in.

"Betts?" Jughead whispered into the darkness, knowing full well that she was still awake, yet being quiet so he didn't wake up the other sleeping teenagers.

Betty sat up to look for him, her eyes searching the dark. "Yeah Jug?"

"Can I come back to your bed? It's so much more comfortable than down here, and I think it might even be colder." He asked sheepishly.

"Come here," she giggled softly, throwing back her duvet cover, allowing him to crawl back under to be with her. Jughead lied back down, his arms immediately going to their normal position around her waist as she rested her head on his chest. 

"Sorry," he muttered tiredly, seeming to now be drifting off to sleep now he was cuddled up close to the love of his life.

"Don't be sorry jug, it was my fault for whinging about it," Betty told him softly, her own eyes beginning to droop.

"We'll argue about this tomorrow, I love you," Jughead said before finally falling asleep, his body relaxing into her, she could feel the warmth of his breath on her face.

"I love you too." She said before joining him in a peaceful slumber.

Little did the couple know, their moment was being watched by Kevin and Veronica the whole time.

"Urgh #Bugheadforlife!" They squeaked in usion, quietly so they wouldn't wake the now sleeping couple. 

"They really are soulmates," Veronica whispered.