Chapter 6

3rd person Pov

Hector was currently making another demon for Dracula's hordes until he was interrupted by Carmilla.

"A new night creature. Amazing." She said.

Hector did t pay her any mind and walked to the table.

"Hector, May we speak?" She asked.

"Well, I can't stop you from speaking to me. You're vampire aristocracy, after all. I'm a simple human smith." Hector says, cleaning his hammer.

"Your skills are a legend. Our kind has never produced a forge master." Said Carmilla.

"Well, you didn't have to. Before the war, night creatures were simply a species in hiding. They either reproduce naturally or were created by ask a wild magic.Now they are soldiers, their numbers have to be replenished. You didn't need to forge masters until now." He had explained.

Carmilla chuckled at this.

"But your intellect cannot be denied" Carmilla Said.

"If you say so."

"I do. And Dracula himself clearly agrees. He listens to you."

"As much as he does to Isaac, which is, frankly, not much." Hector said.

"I believe you are actually worried about Dracula" Carmilla Said.

Hector then went to his working table and thought.

"I am. It's not like him to be indecisive. The fire in him has gone out, somehow. It's as if we are looking at the embers of the man." Hector said, clearly concerned.

Carmilla turns around and says with a evil voice.

"There are thing we can do that don't require his decisions."

Hector chuckled and says, "oh, I doubt that."

"There are." Carmilla pressed on. "It means nothing to the war effort if we sent a group to the Belmont home to begin a search for their hold. Only considering the Locke estate was destroyed."

Hectors dead/alive dog, Cezar presses against him and panted.

"Why are you so fascinated by that?" Hector asked as he played with his dog.

"If anyone in all the world has tools or magic who can harm our Lord Dracula, it is in the Belmont trove. We need to ensure that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Simple." Carmilla says, sounding like a demand.

"All right. That is logical. I agree to that. But Dracula must approve the dispensation of troops." Hector said.

He's falling for her trap and that makes Carmilla very happy. Although having Dracula dispatch the troops could be risky so she thinks.

Carmilla walks towards the large window and asked simply, "How did you come to be in his service?"

"I met him over a year ago...when he was traveling. He sought me out, you know?"

"Did he really?"

"I was living in the east of Rhodes, very quietly. He'd heard of me from scholars in town, and looked for me specifically." Hector laughs at his memory. "We talked for hours. After his wife died, he came to me, asking for my help. Can you imagine? A man like that...asking a human for help...in order to avenge a human?" Hector recalls the memory for Carmilla as she pets Cezar.

Hector remembered when Dracula asked for an army to avenge his dead wife. Even the agreement for things to be humane, he still did it. He even remembered the venom dripping off his voice when he said he wanted humans dead....a merciful plague of humans.