Chapter 9

Isaac Pov

I say on a ledge holding the remains of Godbrand, ashes, his sash, and medal. The sun began to rise as it hit my face. I grabbed it and unfolded it. The wind blew of his ashes above these mountains. I gave the sash a flick and his medal was sent flying.

Carmilla Pov

I was in my chambers talking to my trusted soldiers through my magic mirror.

"Assemble at Braila. Await the word. My work here is almost done. Nothing here but lost children and confused old men. The end of this will be practically merciful." I say.
There was a knock on the door and I quickly unassembled the mirror with a flick of my hand.
Dragoslav, the Slavic vampire shook his head no.

"Really? How hard can it be to find Godbrand of all people? There has to be a limited number of things in this castle that he can drink, sleep under, or attempt to have sex with. He must be somewhere." I Said.

Raven Pov

It was officially morning and I walked through the isles looking for more books.
Sypha and Alucard decided to go togeather, which made my heart sink. I wanted it to be me, especially after what happened last night. Trevor on the other hand went exploring more looking at old weapons.

'If Alucard wants to be with Sypha, fine! I'll be with Trevor!' I thought.

I jumped down from the railing onto the first floor and Trevor gave a whistle.

"Wow, perfect landing." He said with his thumbs up.

"Thanks. Hope you don't mind, I'm gonna look around with you." I Said looking at a throwing knife.

"I don't mind at all. Oh! I want to show you a few old weapons my family used." Trevor said in excitement.

"Oh my! Trevor, are you sick? You sound so excited." I smirked.

"Shut up."

3rd person Pov (in the library)

*****Sypha and Alucard walked through one of the isles as Alucard kept on saying many reasons as Sypha shouldn't be distracted by Trevor.

"You know, for coming from an oral, memory-based culture, you're very good with books." Alucard said.

"It would have been a poor education if we had him and talk to read things to add to her memory stores." Sypha replies, looking at a book.

"But I am coming to the conclusion that my people are idiots. We should have written everything down." She continued.

"Everything?" Alucard asked.

"Yes. All the things. Look at this. There's more in this room then 1 million speakers could carry across two generations. This is insane. The sheer breadth of information about the castle is staggering." She spoke.

Sypha grabbed a book with a red spine with a gold medal on the side as well.

"but how much of it is useful?" Alucard questioned.

"Well, I do have questions about Trevor's ancestors. I discovered an entire box of spells about...penises."

"You're certain it was one of his ancestors? You didn't find it under his childhood bed." Alucard smirked.

"Stop testing him, Alucard." Sypha said.

Alucard walked to the balcony and walked as Raven and Trevor were looking at rusty weapons and laughing a joke. They looked happy and that didn't make Alucard happy. In fact, Alucard glared at Trevor and growled lowly.