Chapter 7

Raven Pov

As we walked down the cold and dark corridor, it was lit with light from our torches. Then we approached a tower with spiral staircase, to a of Belmont Crest's, and a portrait of a man. Leon Belmont. I've heard many stories of him, especially from Trevor.

"Belmont isn't even a Wallachian name. That just dawned on me." Sypha spoke, breaking the silence.

"No, the family's originally from the Kingdom of France. But we moved out of there a few hundred years ago." Trevor explained.

"Moved or Chased?" Alucard asked, teasingly.

We all turned our heads towards him.

"Moved, thank you very much." Trevor said.

"With people behind you waving pitchforks
and torches?" Alucard teased, smirking.

"No. No, we're professionals. We move where the work is." Trevor said, with slight pride.

"What does that even mean?" Sypha asked.

"It means that when all paranormal creatures move to the east, for example, the Belmont and Locke's would follow and kill them. Hence "moving where the work is"." I explained.

"Exactly! All the dark things moved to the east. I think it was a Leon Belmont who entered the region first." Trevor pushes the door open.
"And he was the one built this place and dug the foundations for everything under it."

     We walked into the dark room and held the torches to my face and blew it. Instead of the fire blowing out it went out of the wood and was floating. I divided the large fire into many tiny flames and pushed them towards new torches around the place. Now that the room was lit up, you could see the various book scattered around. Sypha and I ran to the railing and looked admiringly. I absolutely loved books! Imagine reading all of them. I felt relaxed for a moment until a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"You know, I have more books in my library. In fact I have a few libraries since I have so many books." Alucard whispered into my ear.

I turned to look at him and realized how close we were to each other. Our nose touching slightly. A ghost of a smile was on Alucard's face. Alucard then grabbed my torch and Sypha and put it on a railing.

"The memory of my family. All that's left of us." Trevor said as he walked down the steps.

"Is it organized? Is there a way to find things?" Sypha asked, excitedly.

"I imagine one sacrifices a chicken, and divides the location of the book you want from the intestines. Maybe Belmont has a crystal ball in here you could ask." Alucard said, his voice getting louder out of annoyance.

"Shut up." Trevor said.

"It's and impressive tip, Belmont. But it is still, nonetheless, a tip. Your ancestors were apparently mentally ill hoarders. I fully expect to find family cats mummified under some of the shelves." Alucard chuckles. "Unless your family preferred to eat them."

"There's an index on the lectern at the bottom." Trevor said as he pushed Alucard.

"So this is really a manger collection." Sypha said.

" it's the work of generations. An archive of everything we found and learned since the day is of Leon Belmont." Trevor said.

We walked all the way to the bottom of the stairs and as Trevor and Sypha took a left Alucard and I took a right. Just then we saw skulls of vampires. A few caught my attention. A little child skull and another skull. Under the skull it said ," Alexander Locke"