Chapter 27- fathers day

June 15th 2025
7 years
3 years
Lizas pov
David walked down the stairs with Mason on his shoulders and Izzy in his arms. I'm so freaking excited. David is going to know about the baby and we can be so happy together and I don't have to get sick all the time without him to help and we can go and see the baby and it's just going to be the best. He sat down on the sofa and he opened the presents that we bought him, he loved them all and seeing how excited izzy and mace were was the cutest. It got to the cards and I felt so nervous and excited, first Izzy gave hers and then mason gave his and then it was time for the one from the baby. I had the camera set up on the bookshelf so he didn't notice but so that it was filming his reaction "there's one more" I said holding up the silver envelope "Izzy give that to daddy" I said giving her it. She have it to David and he looked a little confused but still opened it. He carefully folded back the envelope and time felt like it was going in slow motion. He took out the card and read the front, I watched his expression change from confused to a little excited "read inside" i said to him smiling so widely "to daddy, I'm so excited to meet you in December/ January and become a part of the family, you're already the best daddy and I know you're going to be the best to me too, I already love you so much, love from the baby" he read out loud "are you serious baby?" He asked as he started crying. I nodded, tears also falling down my cheeks, i handed him three of the ten positive pregnancy tests and he looked at them, dropped them and immediately wrapped his arms around me. We were both just crying on each other "what's going on?" Mason asked confused reading the card "what baby?" He asked again "mommy's having a baby" David said  pulling apart from me and resting his hands on my still flat stomach. "Really?!" Mace asked, super excited I nodded and he joined us "Izzy mommy has a baby in her tummy!" David said to Izzy who still looked pretty confused, her face then lit up and she joined the hug, I was still crying so much, this is literally the best reaction ever. Izzy kissed my stomach which was the cutest thing ever "please he a girl" she said wrapping her arms around me again. I laughed a little at her. I walked over to the camera and stopped it recording before we watched back the footage. "How long have you known?" He asked "for five days, it's been impossible to hide it, that's why I've been Either super happy, tired or suspicious for five days" I replied "how did you find out?" Mason asked "i was at Auntie Kristen and I got sick so I took a test and it said that I had a baby in my tummy" I replied "I'm so excited" mason said happily "me too buddy" I replied "this is the best Father's Day present ever" David said pulling us all into his grip and kissing my head. This was the best Father's Day ever. 

A/n
Short and sweet :)
-Emily