Chapter 1: Broken... But My [S]trength Remains!

Thus is the beginning of a new journey...

Earth echoes in silence... A myth walks on that very planet, escaping his failures and wishing for it all to end... But... Kindness brought him back... And he has one final promise to keep.

-???

[Thirty Years Later After The Grim Reaper Was Found By A Machine]

The sun shines... Warming the rusted metals of a old abandon factory... A crow is seen, simply flying over the rusty place before flying under old cranes and bridges, revealing the emptiness of the factory before the crow fly towards lower level. Piles of dead machines are seen before the crow lands on someone's index finger, flesh and... "Alive" as this someone, was you. Standing on the pile of dead machines as you spoke.

(y/n): Hmm...

???: Brother... Brother...

(y/n): Hmm?

A small child like voice was heard, scarring off the crow as you turned your head to see a small machine, carrying a bucket of oil as it carefully pours the oil onto the large motionless machine.

(y/n): How sad... This machine only cares for his brother, he didn't even bother looking at me when I arrived.

You said, carefully dropping down next to the small machine as the sun reveals your attire... You were wearing an old long cloak.

(y/n): Do you need help, little one?

The small machine turns it's head towards you, simply not reacting much before pointing at the machine it tried to wake.

Machine: Brother... Brother...

(y/n): Hmm... Not much vocabulary in your system I suppose... If your willing to wait, I can find your brother some new parts and he'll be moving like new.

The little machine raised his tiny arms up with joy.

Machine: Brother! Brother!

(y/n): Hehehe... Alright, wait here, I'll find those parts for your brother.

You said, gesturing the machines to wait where it is as you turned around and began to walk away to start your search for spare parts... However you hear tiny metal footsteps following you as you looked over your shoulder to see the small machine was following you.

(y/n): No, I said wait here. Not follow me.

The machine didn't respond with different words, it stood there before raising both hands and shouted.

Machine: Brother! Brother!

You couldn't help but sighed and turned your back on the machine and spoke to yourself.

(y/n): Well... Looks like another member of the family has joined. Hmm?

Suddenly you heard footsteps walking on catwalks, not too far from you as a voice shouted.

???: Hey! Hey!

You turned your head to the side before looking around... Seeing no one until the voice began.

???: Up here!

You raised your head up before spotting something or... Someone...

(y/n): What the...?

You spotted a young boy, wearing all black, his hair was pure white but what caught your attention was... He was wearing a black blindfold.

???: Stay right where you are! I'm coming to get you out! Stay calm!

The boy shouted before quickly running out of sight as you blinked your eyes and shook your head...

(y/n): Just... Another one of my illusions...

You said... Letting silence fill the air before turning towards the little machine as it just looks at you.

(y/n): Come along now. Your going to be helping me with something.

Machine: Brother.

[Timeskip with (y/n), sitting inside an exposed sewer tunnel as he looks out into the distance... Seeing lifeless streets and ruins, all alone.]

The cloud becomes gray and the sun was no where to be seem cause of this as you and the little machine were wondering within the factory. Carrying machine parts as the little machine carries only a severed machine leg.

Machine: Brother. Brother.

(y/n): This should be enough. I should head back before I get scolded for being out here for too long.

You said to yourself, carrying a lower body of a large machine over your shoulder as the day was silent... Until a massive explosion was heard, followed by an earthquake as you quickly maintain your balance while the small machine fell over.

Machine: Brother!

(y/n): What the?!

You quickly turned your head towards the direction where the explosion was heard... And from where you stand, you spotted a gaint machine, swinging it's massive arms with saws on the end at a bridge that no longer was attached to the factory.

(y/n): What in the Makers is that?!

Another earthquake began to shake the ground beneath you as you continued to maintain your balance before a dark shadow hovers over you and the small machine. You turn your head towards a massive machine... Rising from the waters in front of you as your eyes widen.

 Rising from the waters in front of you as your eyes widen

(y/n): Bloody hell...

You quickly turn towards the little machine behind you as you shouted.

(y/n): Forget the parts! Go, hide into safety!

Machine: Brother!

The little machine immediately dropped the severed leg and ran for safety as you quickly turn back towards the giant machine and moved your cloak to the side to unsheathed a large weapon, you then took a stance...

(y/n): Come on then, let's see if you can end my suffering before I rip you apart!

And with that said... You stared at the giant machine as it did the same... And as silence fills the air... Everything fades to black...

And the title "Nier Automata" appeared as the title was rusted... And silence fills the air.