Chapter 7: Battling The [U]nknown.

This has been the journey so far...

A new Machine Lifeform was born, the three fought to end this Machine

A new Machine Lifeform was born, the three fought to end this Machine... Until it adapted... But that didn't last long until a blade ended it all.

-???

A punch was thrown at the mysterious white haired man, he stumbles back before you took a step forward and threw more punches into his stomach before following it up with a knee to his chin.

(y/n): Why won't you go down?

You placed your foot on his chest before jumping over him and elbowed the back of his head as he stumbles forward... The man turns around and suddenly fired a bright yellow projectile towards you, you tried to use your large cleaver to block the attack... You managed to pull it off but at the cost of having your weapon be torn apart from the impact.

(y/n): Sh*t!

You rolled on your back and onto your knees before raising your head to see the man in front of you, a foot raised in the air as he was about to stomp you, but you easily got back up and head butted him away from you before following it up with another head butt to the chest and finally the head with greater force behind it. The head butt sent the naked man flying back, landing on his feet as you raised both hands with fists clenched.

???: Now!

Suddenly the boy with white hair and black blindfold came up behind the man and stabbed him with his katana before the girl joined in and stabbed him from the front with her katana as the fight has ended, watching the man fall onto the sand as the Boy and Girl stood next to you as the boy asked.

???: Are you injured?

(y/n): Hmmph, I can take care of myself. Huh?

You turn back towards the dead man before seeing a glowing light on his chest before a hand burst out of the light and out comes another man that's identical to the other. The girl then spoke with annoyance.

???: Not another one.

(y/n): It's just another naked guy, don't start complai-

However the man began to scream, loud enough to hurt the boy and girl's ears and cause the pit that you were in to shake as concrete walls and blocks began to collapse into the pit.

(y/n): B-Bloody hell... What-

???: We have to go!

The boy grabbed your hand and began pulling you with him, towards a tunnel in the wall as the girl was taking the lead.

(y/n): HEY! LET GO OF ME!!!

[Timeskip with (y/n) on his knees under the rain... Screaming in agony... Alone... Scared... Abandoned.]

(y/n): Well... That's certainly new to me... Damn it...

After escaping the pit and out of the tunnel, you dropped your duffle bag onto the sand as the sun bathes onto your skin. You felt someone tug on your arm as you open an eye and see the boy trying to help you up.

???: Are you alright? Any injuries?

(y/n): Tch...

You got on your feet and swatted his hand away from you as you pointed at him with anger in your eyes.

(y/n): I told you, I can take care of myself!

???: Whoa whoa! Easy now, there's no reason to be hostile. Hmm... Maybe we got on the wrong foot here.

The boy said as the girl turns towards you with a floating robot next to her, same goes with the boy having his own little robot.

???: I'll introduce ourselves. I'm 9S and this is 2B.

(y/n): I'm sorry what? What's with the number and letter?

9S: Well we're from YoR-

(y/n): I don't want to hear it. I have important things to do.

You said before reaching towards your duffle bag and placed it over your shoulder before turning around and began walking away.

(y/n): It was nice meeting you two... I guess.

9S: Hey wait!

The one named "9S" quickly grabbed your arm once more as you gritted your teeth and shouted.

(y/n): Would you quit touching me!

You turned around and kneed 9S on the chin, causing him to fall on his back as the girl "2B" placed her hand over her katana as you shouted.

(y/n): The only person who's allowed to hold my hand is Pascal or my Son, Yu-

However... You quickly went silent after realizing what you were about to say... Tears began to form in your eyes as you quickly turned around and ran.

9S: H-Hey! Wait!

2B: Let him go, 9S. We'll go searching for him after we report back to the Bunker.

2B said as the two watched you run away in the distance before everything fades to black...

And the title "Nier Automata" appeared as the title was covered in sand as silence fills the air.