Chapter 5: Not Alone In This [E]mpty World?

This has been the journey so far...

The lone Horseman follows the two mysterious figures into a deserted city, buried in the sands as he remains cautious if it's friend or foe

The lone Horseman follows the two mysterious figures into a deserted city, buried in the sands as he remains cautious if it's friend or foe... But bodies of the unknown has been found... Terrorizing the poor horseman's mind.

-???

Feet stepping on sand is easily heard as a deserted city is seen, just over the rocky wall which you simply walked through the only entrance as you looked down at the said city.

(y/n): Where did they... Ah, there they are!

You spotted the two dark clothed figures, running towards the city and chasing down the running machine. You quickly ran down and slid on the slippery sand towards the city.

(y/n): This better not be another hallucinations!

You said to yourself, reaching close to the city before you began to run through the sands and into the city, running past an abandoned playground as you could see the figures up ahead, making turns in such fast speed.

(y/n): Just how fast are these guys? Shouldn't they have caught up with the machine? Ah guess I'll have to ask them... If they're even real that is.

As you make turns and followed the two behind... You watched them make another turn as you quickly followed... But as soon as you made the turn... You were greeted by a horrible image.

(y/n): NNGH!!!

You tried to stop yourself but you legs slipped forward as you fell on your back... Before you were... Skinless Corpses... However these corpses weren't humans at all... At least that's it looks like to you.

(y/n): W-What the... H-humans? N-no... Humans usually rot into just bones... W-what are these...

You didn't bother asking anymore question as you pushed yourself off the sand, walking past the bodies of human like corpses as you see a few were tied up, hung and even impaled on metal poles.

(y/n): This is... This better be some sort of horrible dream.

You said to yourself... Continuing to walk past these bodies before meeting a cave, you looked towards the other end to see two shadows of the figures you were chasing.

(y/n): They went this way... Hmm...

You looked over at your duffle bag on your back, thinking if it's a good idea to bring it along or not... However you are carrying food and other useful supplies as you turn back towards the cave.

(y/n): Hmm...

[Timeskip with (y/n) sitting in a field of glowing white flowers in a small cave... Hugging his knees as a boy with a big blue hat and golden hair sat beside him... Only for it to be an illusion after (y/n) looked to the side.]