4

Jisung's POV

"You stink of wolf." was the first thing my mother said to me when I returned home.

"Where's Seungmin?" I ignored her comment and held back the urge to shake her in order to get the answer out of her quicker.

"He's not back yet, are you going to explain why you reek of that filth? Did you manage to kill the wolf I sent you to kill?"

"JISUNG!" she yelled after me as I ran up the stairs and grabbed a change of clothes before hopping in the shower.

Seungmin was fine right? He had to be.

Once I'd showered and calmed down a bit I went downstairs to talk to my parents.

"Young man why did you ignore your mother earlier?" my father raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms across his chest.

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I got lost and stumbled across a group of rogue wolves, that's why I stank earlier."

My mother threw her hands up in frustration. "I sent you out on a simple task, the pack I sent you to may be strong but their security is hopeless - you should have killed their heir by now."

"Why do we go about killing wolves again?" I asked weakly.

"Because they're filth." my father spat. "Useless, good-for-nothing killers that have hunted our kind for centuries. It's time we fought back."

I nodded even though I didn't completely agree with what he said.

"Lunch is in the lounge if you're hungry." my mother walked away.

I went to the lounge where a human sat staring into space blankly. Just like all the other humans my parents brought home he'd been compelled to not react when I touched him.

I crouched next to him and shoved his head to the side roughly. I was sure to drink a lot since I was annoyed about my situation with my mate.

I elongated my fangs and sank them deep into a vein in his neck. I let out a moan as the sweet tasting blood hit my tongue and flowed down my throat.

"You're drinking more than usual." I flinched slightly at the sound of my father's voice behind me.

I pulled away from the human and glared up at him.

"Hunting wolves takes a lot of energy."

Without waiting for a reply I delved into the human's neck once again, enjoying the delicious sound of teeth sinking into skin.

You're no better than them.

My subconscious interrupted my bliss and I pulled away once again in disgust. I looked down at the human's neck which now had puncture marks scattered over his tanned skin and blood staining his shirt.

"Something wrong?" my father noticed the change in my demeanour. 

"I'm fine." I snapped as I pushed the body away from me and stood up. I caught my reflection in the window, cringing at the blood that ran down from my mouth to my chin.

Usually I'd feel empowered at drinking from a helpless human but now all I could think about was how hypocritical I was being.

Vampires killed and hunted humans for food without retaliation but I was taught werewolves were monsters for hunting my kind?

"So I was reading a book about supernatural creatures the other day..." I began as I wiped the blood from my face. "It said something about werewolf and vampire matings."

My father stiffened at my words. "So?"

"Why does the Moon Goddess pair vampires and wolves together if we hate each other?"

He scrunched up his face and stared at me for a few seconds before answering.

"The only vampire werewolf matings I've heard of are myths. Things like that don't happen in real life."

"It does though." I protested.

His expression revealed that I'd just made a grave mistake in blurting out my knowledge of mates.

"You've never mentioned this before." he mused. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

"I should get going." I ignored his question, which was becoming quite a habit since I had a lot to hide.

"We told you not to come back until the wolf was dead, so the next time I see you I expect to hear of his death. If you don't return... we'll assume you're dead and go do the job ourselves." my mother said from the doorway.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You care about me so much don't you."

"It's tough love." she stated with a blank face. "We're only doing this because we love you and a weak vampire can't survive out in the real world so if you do end up dying... it's for the best."

"What the fuck." I muttered before suddenly remembering why I came home in the first place. "Can you tell me where the MX pack is?"

"It's very close to the SKZ pack, why do you ask?"

"I need to find Seungmin..." I said as I walked out the house and turned back to wave at my parents. "See you when I see you I guess."

"Do you know something about Seungmin? Jisung-"

"Bye!"