19

Jisung's POV

Soon after Felix entered the doctor's room, a stream of injured wolves entered the building and waited in line for their turn.

Changbin was muttering angrily about wanting to kill whoever injured his mate, which was understandable as I was sure I'd feel the same way if someone intentionally hurt Minho.

"I need to check on the other wolves." Minho said to me gently. "You can stay here with Changbin, I'll be back as soon as possible."

I nodded mutely and sent him a weak smile. My heart was aching for my lifelong friend and the thought of not having the cute, bubbly Aussie next to me made me want to cry.

A few minutes later a different wolf that had been trained in medicine entered the building and opened a room up so that the injured wolves wouldn't have to wait for the main pack doctor to be finished with Felix.

"He'll be fine right? Vampires heal faster than humans so he should be okay." Chan said worriedly as he hopped from one foot to another.

"The wound must be deep." I bit my lip worriedly. "He passed out from the blood loss so that means his body can't recover properly without help."

"I should have been nicer to him from the start." Changbin sat down and placed his head in his hands. "I'm an idiot."

"What's done is done, at least he knows you care for him now. It'll give him a reason to hold on." Hyunjin said.

"The bond is weak but I can feel him fighting." Changbin lifted his head slightly so we could see his smile. "He's a fighter."

He was smiling but I could tell he wished he had marked Felix so he would be able to talk to him through the bond, even if he was unconscious. The mind link was a precious method of communication between mates as it felt like you were never alone, even if your mate wasn't physically beside you.

"He sure is." I muttered and then snapped my head up when the door to the room Felix was in opened.

"How's Felix?" Changbin stood and immediately moved towards the weary doctor.

"He's alive and he needs rest. Lots of it."

We let out a collective sigh of relief and I tried to peek over the doctor's shoulder to see Felix lying on a bed.

"You're lucky he's a vampire and has cells that regenerate quicker than a human." the doctor locked eyes with Changbin. "Despite him being unconscious his body is fighting to heal itself."

"I know." Changbin said proudly. "He's one strong vampire."

Tears of relief pricked at my eyes and I quickly brushed them away. Now was not the time to cry over my friend, I'll save the tears for when he's awake.

"The doctor says Felix is fine, he just needs rest."

"I'm coming." Minho immediately responded.

A minute later Minho burst through the doors and rushed over to us.

"He's really fine?" he asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I guess Felix really didn't want to die when he had his mate to be with."

"Thank God." he breathed out.

My heart swelled with how much he cared for my friends despite Felix being a vampire. It was at this moment I knew I had made the right choice of staying by Minho's side and allying with the wolves.

"I love you."

Minho looked at me with wide eyes and stayed silent for a few moments as he processed what I had just said.

"Do- do you mean it?"

"Are you doubting me Min?" I chuckled quietly.

He shook his head. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that, but I'm a little upset I didn't get to say it first."

"Well you can say it now?"

He took a deep breath and then let a massive smile take over his face.

"I love you Jisung."

"Stop talking to each other through your mind link love birds." Hyunjin chuckled, bringing us out of our bubble.

I blinked and realised Changbin was carrying Felix on his back.

"I'm taking him back to my room and I'll look after him until he wakes up." Changbin said.

Minho nodded. "Let me know if you need anything."

"I will, thanks Minho."

We watched as Changbin and Felix left the building and then I turned to Chan.

"I didn't mention it before but I noticed you've been spending a lot of time with BamBam." I wiggled my eyebrows at him with a grin.

He blinked rapidly and blushed. "Yeah..."

"So what's going on between you two? Spill the tea."

"He said he doesn't have a mate." Chan looked down at his feet. "He's a little older than us so he's worried he will never find him or her."

"Did you tell him about your feelings?" Seungmin asked.

"I did and well..." Chan blushed a bright red colour. "He said he wishes I was his mate because he is interested in me too."

My eyes widened. "That's cute, so are you two going to date or something?"

Chan shook his head. "He is going to wait for his mate but if he or she doesn't turn up in a few years then he said he would like to give us a go."

"A few years... that's a long time Chan." Hyunjin said. "You might be disappointed if he does end up finding his mate."

"And you might end up finding your own mate!" I added.

"We'll see how it goes." he shrugged. "I've been single for a long time so I can be single for a few more years."

I patted his back. "Well I hope things work out with you and BamBam."

He smiled. "Thanks Ji."

Minho cleared his throat. "I've called a meeting with all the wolves to find out who injured Felix. The wolves from other packs are not allowed to leave until we find the culprit."

"Changbin will be happy to hear that, I love how you care about Felix even though he's a vampire." I said softly.

Minho looked at me. "He's a member of the pack, whether he's a vampire or a wolf... it's my responsibility to look after all pack members."

"We're a part of the pack?" Chan asked with surprise.

"Of course, you proved your loyalty to the pack and even if you don't have access to the pack mind link - I see no difference between you and other wolves."

"Wow." Chan's mouth dropped open and he looked at me. "I'm so glad I decided to stay here rather than stay with that vampire clan."

Minho puffed out his chest proudly. "I did say that pack mentality is better than belonging to some psycho vampire clan. We look out for each other and think of each other as family."

I hugged him tightly. "You're the best."

He chuckled and hugged me back. "I know, shall we go to the meeting? I think everyone is waiting for us."

"Sure let's go."