10

Jisung's POV

My entire being froze when he turned and showed me what he was holding. I opened and closed my mouth, only letting out a guilty squeak as his expression turned dark.

"I said..." he spoke in a dangerously quiet voice. "What the hell is this?!" he roared the last part, scrunching his hands into fists and shaking violently.

"I-I can explain!" I stuttered out.

I was absolutely terrified - I had been careless and now it had cost me his trust.

"Then explain little vampire, why did you have a photo of me?" his voice was mocking and the humanity had disappeared from his eyes. I couldn't see any trace of the Minho I once knew.

"I-I-"

"Were you planning to kill me?" he was still shaking but his voice was strangely smooth.

He threw the photo onto the floor and stamped onto it with his foot.

"Were you going to build up my trust then kill me when I least expected it?" he growled. "Is that why you don't want me to mate with you?"

"No- I do want to mate with you Minho, it's just-

"IT'S JUST WHAT?!"

He exploded into a mess of black and white fur. His wolf was massive, he hadn't lied about that. He was completely black except for white fur on his muzzle and paws. His hackles raised and he bared his teeth at me aggressively.

I slowly put my hands up and backed away. "Minho..."

He barked loudly, warning me to not say anything stupid. He could pounce on me in less than a second and I'd be dead.

"I know you're angry..." I flinched when he snapped his teeth. "But I need you to be calm so I can explain..."

Through the mate bond I could feel his frustration. He was extremely angry, confused, hurt... all these emotions flowed through my body so much that I wasn't sure what I was feeling any more.

He growled a few more times but he relaxed his body slightly. Once I was sure he wasn't going to pounce on me I took a deep breath and began to tell him the truth.

"My family... we belong to the clan of vampires that kill the alphas-to-be of werewolf packs-"

Before I knew it I was on the floor and had two heavy paws pushing onto my chest. Minho's teeth were in my face as he growled and snapped.

I gulped but continued. "I was sent to kill you-"

His claws dug into my chest, causing me to wince. I could barely breathe from the pressure he was putting on me.

"Minho please." I begged. "Listen to me first before deciding what you're going to do with me. I will be completely honest with you and I know I was wrong to lie to you, but I can't breathe..."

He huffed and blew air into my face before placing his paws back onto the floor.

"I was taught ever since I was born that werewolves were evil creatures, they kill for the thrill and have no sense of what's right or wrong."

I searched his wolf's eyes for a spark of emotion, but they only looked like emotionless pits.

"I was given your photograph to make sure I'd kill the correct wolf, and I was careless to drop it on the floor the first time we met. The more time I spend with you, the less I want to kill you... please believe me."

He whined deep in his throat and then snapped as I moved my hand to try and stroke his fur.

I sighed. "I know it's hard to trust me right now, but if you mark me you'll know that-"

He suddenly changed into human form, staring at me with wide eyes.

"What did you say?"

"I said if you just mark me-"

"Jisung this isn't the time for me to mark you, what the hell are you talking about?"

"If you mark me then you'll feel my true emotions." I rushed to explain. "You'll know how much I care about you and would never betray you."

He scoffed. "If I mark you and you turn out to be a traitor, you know the rejection will be even more painful right? Besides... my wolf doesn't want you any more."

"Are- are you rejecting me?" my heart dropped and tears pricked at my eyes.

"I can't." he whispered brokenly. "My wolf is so angry but I just... can't."

"Well what do you want?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know." he admitted. "I need time to think."

I watched as he stood and walked out the room. My heart was in a lot of pain and I knew a lot of what I was feeling, Minho was feeling too.

I snuggled into his hoodie and curled into a ball on his bed as I waited for his return. After a while I could hear a series of long, painful howls.

He didn't come back that night.