7

Jisung's POV

I tried to act as normal as possible whenever I was around the wolves in Minho's pack. Minho had become increasingly anxious since everyone knew I was his mate and some were not taking the news well.

"I need to talk to Hyunjin about the vampire." Minho sighed tiredly. "We're getting nowhere and I have a feeling he's going to run off with his mate."

"Well what would you do?" I asked him softly as I tried to empathise with Hyunjin.

"Heck I would have already run away if I were him, that's why I'm worried."

"Let me talk to the vampire?" I suggested.

It was the third day of interrogations and I knew I had to come up with a plan to help Seungmin.

"It's worth a shot." Minho shrugged.

When we got down into the cellar Hyunjin was already down there holding hands with Seungmin. He jumped up when we entered the room and shot Minho a nervous glance.

Minho whispered something in Hyunjin's ear before walking out the door.

"Please help me." Hyunjin's voice was hoarse due to all the crying he'd been doing.

He placed his hand on my arm and shot me a broken glance before following Minho out the room.

Seungmin remained silent and stared at the floor.

"Why'd you get caught Seungmin?" I finally asked in exasperation.

He lifted his head and glared at me. "Hyunjin was chasing me and I couldn't carry Hyunwoo while running at my fastest pace. I had to drop him but Hyunjin still chased me while crying out for his mate."

"So you stopped because Hyunjin was your mate?" I softened my gaze.

He nodded. "My head was telling me to run but my heart was telling me to stop."

"And you listened to your heart." I groaned.

"What's your deal?" he raised an eyebrow. "You're Minho's mate?"

"Yeah." I blushed slightly. "I am."

"Hyunjin is adorable." he gushed. "I want to stay with him but if I tell him the truth I'll be killed, and I know Hyunjin is upset about that too."

"Tell a lie then."

"You know I hate lying, I stutter and my ears turn red. It'll be really obvious."

"But no one here knows you Seungmin! If you do stutter you could push it aside as being nervous."

He seemed to be thinking about my words but still looked concerned.

"Even if I do manage to make it out of here, our parents and our friends will come after us. We've been training since we were young to kill werewolves and you know what happens when we go against their orders."

I felt uneasiness growing in my stomach. I knew he was right but I had been trying to forget about my life as a werewolf hunter.

"Once they find us they'll out us to our mates and kill everyone." he said sadly.

"Not if we fight back." I said determinedly.

"They're our family Jisung!" he said in disbelief. "You'd kill them?"

"You haven't seen it yet Seungmin." I shot back. "The way Minho looks at me, the way he growls at anyone who dares come near me when he knows they don't like me. Wolves aren't nearly as bad as we've been taught. I'm willing to stand up for my mate since I know he'll stand up for me."