Seven: We Need a Resolution

Christon

It's been one month and three days since I heard from Jennifer. To say I was going crazy without her would be an understatement. I killed three niggas during a meeting because they breathed the wrong way.  The boys said I was bugging and they were telling Blue on me. I wasn't worried because all the attempts they have tried before now to get us in the same room failed. It wasn't on my part. She just refused to see me. I was brought out of my thoughts by a light tap on the door. I walked towards the door wondering who in the hell it was. My new neighbor Trinity was making it an annoying habit of throwing herself at me. Ole' girl was bad- but she wasn't my Blue.

I was surprised to see her standing at the door. I took in her appearance and attire. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. She looked how I was feeling. I watched as she scrunched her face a little while taking in my appearance. I watched as she tugged my now blonde curls causing me to grunt.

We stood there for the longest time just looking at one another until I decided to break the silence. "What you here for Jennifer?" I spat with more attitude than intended. I watched as her bottom lip quivered and she made an attempt to walk away. I grabbed her by her arm and pulled her into me. I watched as her shoulders shook indicating she was crying. I was getting ready to walk us in the condo until Trinity was coming out of hers. I mentally kicked myself because she was nothing but trouble.

"Caine this your girl? Jennifer right?" she asked with a smirk. I felt Blue clawing at my forearm trying to get out of my grip. "What you trying to prove Trinity?" I spat. "Oh, nothing- I just find it funny that you caking with her today, and you were knee deep in this pussy last night." She spat with a smirk. My arm was stinging. "Trinity all we did was smoke a blunt together. I downed some Henny, and before I got too twisted I threw your nagging ass out. Furthermore, all I did was talk about how much I missed my girl." Blue finally stopped clawing my arm.

I heard a few sniffles and a barely audible "I hate you, but I miss you; and that color makes you look sexy." I chuckled at her antics. Trinity sucked her teeth and walked in her house. I walked backwards in my house making sure we didn't fall.

As soon as we got in the house she was charging me. Her small fist were landing anywhere they could. Shawty got me good in my lip. I had to make sure she didn't split it. I guess she finally got tired because she slumped against my chest. I moved the strands of hair out of her face. I could tell her insomnia was kicking her ass, and she probably wasn't taking the sleeping pills.

I wasn't about this arguing shit we had going on. I refuse to let my baby walk out that door without putting all our shit on the table-past shit included.

In the words of Aaliyah, "We needed a Resolution."

If we couldn't resolve this shit today we might as well call it quits with one another. I don't know what, or how her last relationship started and ended-but I wasn't here for this. She wasn't going to push me away that easily. 

"You been sleeping like you supposed to?" I asked already knowing the answer. I watched as she shook her head no. I let out a sigh. "Why haven't you been taking your medicine?" I asked staring at her taking in the heavy bags under her eyes. I watched as she shrugged her shoulders. I just cleared my throat and walked off to my room. She soon followed behind me. I watched as she undressed and I lit my blunt inhaling the smoke. I let it sit and then released the smoke.

I looked at her as she crawled on the bed and laid on my chest. I chuckled and put my blunt in my left hand while rubbing my fingers through her hair. I laughed because her feet didn't even reach the end of the bed. "It's not funny!" she stated with a sigh. "You ready to talk to me now?" I asked. I felt her breathe in and then out. "Yeah, I guess so." she responded in an unsure tone. I felt her little arms wrap around my waist. "I met Dame in my freshman year of high school. Dame was your typical all American dude. You know ran track, played every sport that ended in ball. Foolishly I thought Dame was my one and only.