Eight: Meeting Devil

Christina

My other half was currently pacing back and forth through my living room with an expression I had never seen before. He kept mumbling incoherent words, and curse words were spewing left to right. My cell was blowing up at the moment. I looked at it, and Christon number was flashing across the screen. I finally decided to answer.

"Hello"

"Is Xavier at your place ma?" he asked with concern in his voice. I looked up at X as he grabbed his keys. Yeah, but he just grabbed his keys. I heard Chris blow out air.

"Listen...no matter what do not let X leave you. Some shit happened and I'll explain the rest when we get there." He rushed out in one breath.

I nodded absent mindedly like he could see me before whispering an okay. X was making his way to the door once I hit end. "Baby where you going?" I yelled out. He looked up and I knew. His eyes were pitch black. He let out a snarl. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I never dealt with someone like X. He always told me that when his eyes were that color I wasn't safe. Oddly I still felt safe in his presence.

"You just going to stand there looking scared as shit?" he finally spoke up causing me to swallow hard. I just squinted my eyes at him. Every part of him still screamed Xavier except his eyes. I hadn't realize he moved closer until he had me pinned to the wall looking over my features. The intense stare he had going on had me questioning my current attire. He licked over his lips a little.

"I see exactly why Xavier picked you. He always did like them exotic looking. Is that all your hair ma?" he asked smiling. I decided to take this time to try and get him to sit down. I grabbed a hold of his hand softly. "Come sit with me and we can talk a little." I stated with a soft smile. He shook his head a little. "Don't be trying to analyze me ma. I ain't who you want to get close to-or befriend." he replied with another shake of his head. He sounded almost child like which made me want to hold him. "Well you are apart of my boyfriend, so therefore I have a right to know a little about you." I spat.

He just smiled. "You got heart...X other bitches got scared when they pushed too many buttons. But you...you trying to have a heart to heart with a nigga." he replied while shaking his head. However, he placed his keys and cell on the table. I noticed he had this cockier walk than X does. I just laughed. Where X was cocky and self-assured...Devil was the narcissistic asshole. This explains some of X's behavior at times.

I sat down beside him. "Don't call me no bitch either nigga" I spat with attitude. He just chuckled darkly and rolled his eyes. "If you were any other bitch you would be knocked the fuck out. However, since my nigga hung up on your mean ass I will try to be on my best behavior." I just shook my head at the fact of him calling me a bitch for a second time. I narrowed my eyes at him and slapped his chest. "Don't start that hitting shit Chris. X be taking it light with your little ass. I'm not him and he's not me. I'll hem your ass up and think nothing of it!" he grumbled.

I smirked at the idea. "Oh shit, my nigga got us a freak!" he shouted while dusting his shoulders off. I had to chuckle a little bit at his foolish antics. I noticed that him and X mannerisms were totally different. X was always polite, but Devil was anything but polite. Devil called me out my name twice. If X thought he may say something he was apologizing. I just chuckled.

"You never answered my question about your hair" he stated. I just shrugged a little then bit my bottom lip. "My hair is all mine. My biological mother is Korean and my father is black." I stated with a nod.

"What the fuck you feel like you need to know?" he asked suddenly catching me off guard.

"Where did you come from, what makes you trigger, do the episodes last long, I mean I just want to be aware of what I am working with here. Have I met you before now?" I asked in one breath.