The Hacker: Prologue

Award Winning Romance Novel: receiving first place in the 2015 Pokemon Watty Awards.

Praise for The Hacker by the one and only fabulous readers and critics:

"I'm in shock. I couldn't put my phone down it was just that amazing, awesome, spectacular." ~OceanDude09

"... this book was fantastic, possible one of the best I've ever read. The plot was exceptionally epic and original..." ~RiverIvy (Critic)

"... It was wonderful, like reading a film." ~Darker_X (Critic)

"Like nothing I have ever read... A fantastic job with coming up with an original plot/storyline; so much detail." ~Pokemon_Lovergeeks

"Some endings are so perfect that if you have a sequel or prequel that there is no point." ~LunaBishop

"... the last few chapters, have made me realize that I have a few things to rectify in my life." ~KK50000

"The amount of joy I get from reading this will never go away" ~Flamboyant_Hirro

"Second fanfic to ever me cry... I love it, I love the characters, the idea, the plot... I don't think I'll ever see Mewtwo or Mew in the same way... Thank you for this experience" ~Herobrine305

---

From the author to you readers, thank you all for reading my story which was actually a really cliché idea that I turned somewhat original. If it wasn't for you guys, I don't think this book would have made it past the first chapter. For readers just about to start, I hope that you are able to enjoy the story, if not. Well then this story just wasn't for you, I get that.

But truly, I hope everyone can find something to take away from The Hacker.

Trailer in media directed and produced by MelonLord7 and myself. Thank you!

book written between September 26, 2014 - May 9, 2015

~~~

"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... Only then will you learn to play the game."  -Winston Churchill

.

.

.

If you are reading this right now over your laptop, computer, tablet, phone, etcetera, then I have succeeded.

In the beginning of chapter one, I thought I had no choice to turn to. When I wrote chapter one, I had no clue what was going to happen after I finished my mission. I originally wrote it for the people I'd leave behind in both worlds, and I hope they can read this now even in their world. This story---

My story.

I wanted it to be told. No, I needed this to be heard.

I bet you all have heard of the games FireRed and LeafGreen right? I hadn't for quite a long while. Oh, before you go all crazy asking if I was raised in a cave, I will tell you now...

I wasn't.

I was just wondering.

But did you ever find it curious that Kris, from the game Crystal, was the first girl to ever come up? How Leaf came a couple years later? Well, guess what. That's thanks to a 15 year old hacker in 2014 who ended up not just re-writing the progamming of a Pokemon Red Version, but the entire history of that one cartridge. Who knew hacking could do that?

I have an IQ of 172 and I didn't even know that was possible.

Some collector got a hold of the altered game in 1998 and handed it into an off branch of Nintendo in America. They claimed the game had been extremely corrupted after buying it new. The finder also said, "After attempting to play through the corrupted world, there were odd changes that were worth examining". The game creators had followed though with it. They found it had many interesting things that a certain someone would entwine into future games. Also, after some changes to the story created in the Hacked Red Version, they created the ideas for FireRed and LeafGreen.

Now your probably asking, how do I know this?

My name is Leaf Green. No, Leaf Verde. A video game hacker who has sliced game codes with programs I designed myself from Legend of Zelda original on hand held to the PC game: Sims 4. I wasn't into that hacking-the-government-thing, it's too much work. I was born in 1999, making me 15 in the year 2014. I was a kid-genius.

I hacked my Red Version and an accident occurred.

I will never be able to return to the reality I knew.

But I thought my story would be worth telling. So did a few others. So, it's time I tell the world after these many years.

Oh! Can you do me one favor, if you get the chance?

If you ever meet a woman by the name of Alice Verde, please tell her that her daughter was okay. And--- that she's sorry. So, so sorry. I can't bear the thought of her worrying anymore. She did enough of that when I was still with her. I can't tell her. Not the truth.

And now, here's how it started...