The Hacker: Chapter 3

(Fanart in media by izayoix)

I sighed, trudging through Cerulean City. The words of the Gym Leader worker flickered though my mind, "Sorry. Our gym leader, Misty, is out right now. She is probably at Cerulean Point. That is by Bill's place, just past the Nugget Bridge."

The shimmering bridge of gold started to come into my line of vision, the metal gleaming blindingly in the miday sun. My feet ached, Geniuses were not made for walking so much... I grumbled mentally, fingering the two pokeballs clasped to my belt.

Once I was up to the bridge formed from solid gold, I leaned up against a pillar at the beginning. With little energy, I slid down for a break, "Wow, you just started your journey and you're already exhausted. That's just pathetic." A voice chuckled.

Tiredly, I rolled my neck to face the Kanto champion. My mind had so many words running through that I could have used against him. The only thing that slipped past my lips was, "Stalker."

Blue rolled his russet eyes and ran his fingers though his spiked orange hair, "I'm not stalking you. I am making sure you don't do something stupid, pesky girl."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I spoke in a very offended tone.

"Look, I'm not calling you an idiot," he began in a very bored tone, as if he really was. "But cheating any further, will just cause more problems."

I locked gazes with the Kanto champion for a moment, not even a breath was taken. At the last moment I looked off into the Maya blue water that rushed below the bridge, "Well, it's pretty impossible to hack now. I don't have my laptop, which has all my programs on it..." Quickly, I fell into remorse, "it's been a week now. I wonder if my mom is worried. Scared. Maybe she's relieved now."

"What are you talking about? Your mom was happy to see you off. Glad you received a pokemon."

I shot a glare back at up at him. I wasn't mad at him though, just upset in the slightest degree, "That's not the mom I'm talking about. I'm talking about the mom in the world you pulled me from," I sighed, shuffling my knees against one another. I looked down at my feet. "It's not the feeling that I know she is crying because I am gone. It is this fear within me that says she's happy that I'm not there..."

Back then, I believed that my mother just saw me as a burden that was a walking reminder of my father. If I was gone, I assumed that she would be happy there was nothing holding onto the memory of the man she loved so much and lost so terribly.

My thinking had been interrupted by my little white explorer's hat being pulled down my face, "Come on, Mopey. Stand up, we're having a pokemon battle."

I tipped my hat back up as I gazed up at the trainer in front of me, "You expect me, a trainer who has only obtained one badge so far from Brock, can beat the champion of Kanto?" Uncertainty was laced in my tone along with the essence of undermining his decision.

The teenager just smirked, "I bred Blastoise and received an egg. Then captured some other pokemon around here. You are gonna need a rival on this journey that acts as a level monitor for you." Blue stretched out his hand in preparation. I accepted it and rose back to my feet.

I didn't even question the fact that pokemon couldn't be bred until the second generation.

"What an honor, that a champion like you lowered yourself to my level," I joked, rolling my dark eyes at the teenager.

Blue played my game and pressed the top of my hat down, "It is an honor, ya' loser."

"Hey, I haven't lost yet! Actually, I'm going to win. It's decided!" I declared, running back a good 10 feet. I pulled from my belt a pokeball and though it out. My eyes tracked it in the air and observed it burst open with a bright flash.