A New Roommate?

Mackie's POV

I walked into the living room just as a strange car pulled up on our driveway. I saw my mom sitting on the sofa, filing some sort of contract.

"Who's in the driveway?" I asked, blessing her hand.

"Ah! I forgot to tell you Mack!" she exclaimed. She handed me a picture of a girl who looked about my age.

"Who's this?" I questioned, looking closer at the picture.

My mom turned away back to the contract and without looking up at me said, "She's going to be staying with us for a few months. Her parents are going on a business trip. Her name is Y/N."

I nodded slightly, just as the doorbell rang. My mom stood to answer but before she opened the door she turned back to me.

"Be nice to her, okay?" she pleaded.

I nodded with a small smile on my face as my mind grew more curious. My mom opened the door and I saw a single girl standing there. She smiled up at my mom but it wavered when the car drove away behind her.

My mother offered to take her bags and whispered something to the girl before gesturing to me. The girl looked in my direction and smiled, making my stomach feel weird.

My mother walked past me aand whispered in my ear, "Go show Y/N to her room. It's the guest bedroom right next to yours. I decorated it just for her."

"Okay, mom!" I mumbled back.

She handed me the bags and left the room to make dinner. Y/N walked in my direction awkwardly and looked around the house.

I spoke, "Uh, hi Y/N! I'm Mackie."

She turned to me and smiled. "Hi, I'm Y/N. Though you probably already know that," she giggled.

I took her hand which she blushed at. "Let me show you to your room, it's actually right next to mine."

With a slight blush still on her face, she nodded. I led her up the stairs and towards two door, with the one to the left being mine and the one to the right supposedly hers.

I opened the door to her room and saw it decorated just like my mom had said. I turned my head towards Y/N and saw her in awe.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" she uttered.

As she was gazing at the room, I put her bags down near the door and was about to leave but a question made its way into my mind.

"Hey Y/N? Are you going to transfer to my school as well?" I asked

"I think so. Why do you ask?" She questioned, slightly tilting her head to the side.

"No reason. It's just I was thinking about how cool it would be if you could be my friend and meet my other friends too," I shyly admitted.

She laughed just a little and responded, "Actually, that sounds really nice. This entire thing was really sudden so I didn't have the chance to cope with everything."

I laughed with her and made my way out the door. "I should let you unpack now. It was nice meeting you, Y/N. And just letting you know that the bathroom is across the hall and school starts at 8:30 tomorrow morning."

She gave me a grateful smile and moved towards her bags.

I left but not before saying, "Just knock on my door if you need me!"

A/N - Hello! Just wanted to say that even though the TNT Boys live in the Philippines, I will be writing in English, though I know Tagalog, because of the diversity of fans and readers I have seen. Plus, a lot of Filipinos (I know) already know English so I hope you give me your consideration and support.