Out Of Breath

Y/N's POV

I inhaled a sharp breath as the doctor put pressure on my sore ankle. She examined into my ankle further and sighed.

"It seems to be a severe sprain in the ankle's ligament. Nothing is broken or torn, so consider yourself lucky, Miss," the doctor confirmed, wrapping my ankle in a soft bandage. 

Mackie's mother, who chaperoned me, sighed in relief as she helped me off the hospital bed. I winced in pain as my foot touched the ground. Mrs. Empuerto smiled down at me with concern as she held my hand. I smiled back up at her as a random thought of mine whirled back into my mind.

I would love it if she was my mother.

My thoughts were cut off when a chubby boy ran into me, embracing me in a hug. A teary-eyed Francis put his short arms around my body. I giggled and smiled down at him, wrapping my arms around him as well.

I watched as Keifer jogged from around the corner to meet us. He smiled in relief as when his eyes met mine. Keifer side hugged me and repeatedly patted my back while I was trying to comfort Francis.

I looked around for one more black haired boy, who was nowhere to be found. I sighed but saw, out of the corner of my eye, a boy runing at full speed.

Mackie ran in my direction, panic and worry in his eyes. I could see all the emotions he had for me in his eyes when he finally stopped in front of me. Francis scooted over to the side to let Mack in. 

Mackie, who was out of breath, exhaled his panic out and replaced it with relief. He put his hand on my shoulder and leaned in. Mackie bumped his forhead in mine and stared there, gazing into my eyes.

"Don't ever worry me like that again," He exhaled, catching his breath. I smiled back at him and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fell back onto my bed and yawned. I'm so glad that i'm home after sucha tirsome day. I looked over at my closet and saw the yellow hoodie and jean skirt. We were kind of forced to buy it, since the boys wanted me in the hospital immediately and I didn't have time to change. 

My gaze fell below the hung outfit and saw an unusual box sitting on the floor. I stumbled on over to it and saw it had a note taped on.

'Just tell me next time you see something you like. 

I'm always right next foor if you need me.

- Mack'

I smiled down at the note and opened the box. I gasped when I saw the strapless maroon dress I was looking at in the first store. 

I can't believe he bought this.

I was about to take it out of the box, but a knock at my door interrupted my train of thought. Through the open crack in my door, I saw Keifer.

I gestured for him to come inside as he held up a first aid kit. Keifer stepped inside and said, "The doctor told us that you need to change the bandages tonight, so I wanted to offer my help."

I nodded with a smile as I sat on my bed. Keifer gently touched my ankle, which didn't hurt as much as before, while kneeling down.

He quickly unwrapped the old bandage and rubbed a prescribed oil I got from the doctor onto the sore part. I seethed through my teeth since the oil stung my skin.

Keifer looked me in the eyes with concern and stopped. "You okay?" he asked politely.

"Y-yeah, it just still stings a bit," I confirmed, rolling my ankle slighty. He nodded and wrapped up my ankle in a new bandage. 

He stood up and packed the aid kit up, throwing away the old bandage. "All done, anything else you need me to do, Y/N?" he asked, expectingly.

I shook my head to answer, "Not right now, Keif. You've always been the sweet and charming one, haven't you."

I heard a little gasp which made my head whip up to face him. I saw Keifer's blushing face and a sparkle in his eyes, as a reality hit me in the stomach.

Keifer does like me.

Mackie's POV

I watched as Keifer bandaged up Y/N's ankle from the door. I kept quiet so know one would hear me. I watched as they laughed and smiled together. I felt the unknown feeling creep back into my spine.

Rage filled my emotions and blood filled my ears. I clenched my fist at my heart. Suddenly, realization creeped up my neck. I growled at the sight of Keifer touching Y/N's ankle.

This new emotion wasn't so much as anger towards my best friend.

No, this new feeling was jealousy.

Another realization hit me in the face as I let out a tiny gasp. I know why.

I heard a small and calm voice from inside the room. Y/N.

"Not right now, Keif. You've always been the sweet and charming one, haven't you," Y/N sid, smiling.

I writhed with jealously inside me as my hands continued to clench into fists.

I can't believe it.

I like Y/N.

A/N:

Good morning ((((;