Accidentally in Love {Chapter 22}

Author's Note: Dedicated to Jess9797 for being my wattpad twin :)  Please comment what you guys think, comments are my favorite ;) Also, if you haven't read the Author's Note on Chapter 21 PLEASE read it! I need opinions!

xoxo Jessie

* * *

Soundcheck has just ended when the theater started actually filling up with non-VIP fans who seemed just as excited to see One Direction perform.  Some wore well-thought out outfits that they’d spent days shopping for while others wore shirts decorated with pictures, words, and lyrics relating to the band.  A select group of fans had snuck banners into the venue with hopes of the boys noticing them.  Within a few minutes, almost every seat in the fairly small theater was filled.  MaryGrace pulled out her phone to check the time and to her surprise found that she had several mixed text messages.  Three were from one of her best friends, Kimberly.  There was one message from her mother checking up on her and the last was from Niall and was only from a few minutes ago.  He had sent it as soon as they’d gotten off stage.  How’d you like soundcheck?  Her fingers moved across the keyboard in a steady rhythm while a smile surface on her face.

“Someones texting Niall!” Jessie said teasing her.  

“Is it really that easy to tell?” she joked.  Jessie laughed at her friend.

“Of course!  Whenever you talk to him, you can’t even stop smiling, then your cheeks get all red, and you have this little look on your face,” she said laughing.  Her face got serious for a second as she put a hand on her friend’s shoulder, looking her straight in the eye.  “MaryGrace, you’re head over heels.”

“I know.” she said, already aware of herself falling in love.  “I’m already blushing, how am I supposed to reply to that?” she said joking again.  She looked back at her phone, reading back her reply before sending it to him.  Perfect.  You were amazing.  I’m so proud of you babe :*

Soon the boys’ opening act, Olly Murs, took the stage and warmed up the crowd.  MaryGrace hadn’t heard of him before, but after he performed, his song was stuck in her head.  My Heart skips, skips a beat she sang silently while tapping her heels on the theater’s carpet.  She felt like her heart really did skip a beat when the opening film ran on the screen showing clips of Niall and the boys dressed for the summer.  The clock ticked down “3, 2, 1” and the five boys ran out onto the stage singing Na Na Na.  They jumped around, microphones in hand, waving to fans and being silly in front of all those people.  They were all enjoying themselves, just as they had at every other concert, but the boys were actually even more excited for tonight.  There was someone special in the audience for each boy, which made them eager to impress, but less nervous at the same time.  When the song finished, the fans screamed even louder applauding their favorite band.  

Niall looked out into the audience with a wonderstruck expression on his face.  He couldn’t fathom that he was on stage performing to so many people.  He’d had these moments a few times on the tour so far.  He’d accomplished his dream.  Next he looked down into the front row and directly ahead of him sat a beautiful blonde with her mouth turned up into an absolutely dazzling smile.  They locked eyes for a moment.  They both experienced that cliche feeling where they felt as though they were the only two people in the room.  Niall wondered if this weekend could get any better.

MaryGrace recognized the muted strumming of the guitar that introduced Stand Up.  Niall did the same, coming back to the crowded venue.  As he sang, he realized that the lyrics fit to their relationship as if they were written just for them.  Whenever it was his turn to sing, he thought of MaryGrace and even pointed at her once.