•30•

James and I head out of his hospital room after calming down. It took us an hour, but we've accepted the fact that he's gone. An hour to others might seem like a very very short time, but for us it's too long. Being raised where no one took care of you made you hard as stone. I can't really call myself that due to the numerous amounts of times I've cried, had mental breakdowns, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts...I'm going to stop now.

I know I'm strong physically, but not mentally. Keeping a barrier around myself allows me to connect with my emotional side and accept that damaged part of me.

While walking through the hospital halls I can't help but drown in my thoughts. I even made a list of what I was thinking.
1. Still no one knows my past even though I think it's pretty obvious by now
2. Tyler's dead
3. My brothers want me to become part of the gang,but if I do that then people from my past are going to reveal to them who I really was
4. If anyone finds out they'll see me as a betrayer and want to kill me
5. I know shit's gonna happen when I finally become part of their gang
6. I have this weird feeling that someone's stalking me
7. I miss the only person who understood me...who kept me from going insane yet fucked up my life
8. I have to go to school tomorrow
9. I'm really hungry

Now that ladies and gentlemen is on my list of thoughts right now. I really am hungry though. We turn right to find Derek and them sitting in chairs slouching.

" Hey April I'm really sorry for what happened to your brother," Liam says while engulfing me in a hug.

" Thanks Liam," I mumble into his shoulder.

James coughs abruptly and loud which gets the attention of all the other morons residing in the waiting room. I have a feeling this won't end very well.

" Who are you," James snaps towards Liam pulling me to his side.

Before I could respond Derek cuts in.

" We're her brothers," Derek says with a sly smirk.

Oh. My. God. He did not just do that. James clenches his fist and fake smiles back. Welp they don't like each other.

" I'm her brother..." James says glaring at Derek before realization hits him.

" Yeah I know," I mutter.

James pulls me in a hug.

" I'm sorry you had to find out from these morons and not me princesa. Mom told us when we were young to tell you when you turned 22. Tyler and I had this hold explanation planned out and..."

" It's fine you're still my brother," I smile.

We break from our embrace and the tension is thick especially between James and Derek.

" Well James and I are gonna get going," I start gradually backing away pulling James with me who seems as if he's gonna punch Derek.

" We can drop you," Jake offers.

" Oh no that's not necessary..." I try to reason.

" That'd be great," Derek smiles taking me to his side away from James.

" What kind of brothers would we be to just leave you here by yourself?" Derek asks obviously directing the question towards James.

James clenches his jaw and we all walk in the elevator and after out of the hospital into the limo in which James gawks at in awe.

" Woah," James mutters.

" They're really rich. The limo is Derek's," I say as we enter.

" Of course it is," James mumbles.