Chapter 27

∞L A U R E N∞

I was startled when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. My eyes sting due to sleep deprivation and I can't open it properly but I managed to read the SMS I got.

'Mhyco insisted to leave since he gotta move out and find a place to stay at class B society. Take care Lauren if you need anything I'm just one call away. '

It was a message from Frost. Oh, so they left without waking us up. I replied with a short "TY, u too Frost, take care. " The room is quiet and It's getting colder, I can feel my fingers getting red and numb, we fell asleep in the kitchen without a blanket.

I look at Cloud who's still sound asleep with his hair almost covering his eyes and I stop for a moment when his lips started to curve like he saw something devastating.

"No...no... "

He whispered with deep and heavy breaths like he's having a nightmare.

"Don't leave me. "

He said again, I don't know what's he dreaming about but I know I need to wake him up. I started shaking his shoulders and it wasn't long when his eyes fluttered open as he opens his mouth to gasp for air. The moment he saw me he immediately pulled me closer for a hug. He was hugging me so tight like he doesn't have plans of meeting me go.

"Are you okay? "

I asked as I gently tap his back. He nods his head as he inhaled deeply before breaking the hug. He stared at me for a moment before swallowing hard like he was trying to stop himself from crying.

"I'm a... I'm fine. Just a bad dream. "

He said as he runs his fingers through his hair. I got him a glass of water to help him calm down. He looks so pale like he saw something really scary in his dream.

"Mind me asking what was your dream? "

He gulps down the cold water and slowly put the glass on the counter before looking at me. He did not give me an answer right away, it seems that he was hesitating if he would tell me or not. I was just quiet while waiting for him to speak.

"I... ah--it's nothing. "

I nod my head also respecting his decision for not telling me whatever his dream is.

"Where are they by the way? "

He asked as he looks around. I lick my dry and crack lips before answering him.

"They went ahead of us to pack their things. "

He responded with a nod and stop for a moment to look at me. I got conscious for a moment because of his gaze, I awkwardly tuck a stray hair behind my right ear trying to look presentable. Why is he staring at me that way? I just woke up and I don't even know how do I look right now. Well good for him because he's, well, naturally good looking who has this "I woke up handsome" face. Wait, does my breath stinks? Oh my gosh, is that why he's looking at me that way?

"Are you ok? "

He asked as his gaze landed on my lips which made me freeze on my seat. I guess I'm right about the fact that my breath stinks right now because of my morning breath.
I immediately covered my mouth to prevent any unpleasant smell.