17

When they were allowed to finally visit San, Yeosang, Wooyoung, and Seonghwa were the first to go. Only two came back after about ten minutes, Yeosang refused to leave his friend's side.

No one had bothered Lily until now, when Seonghwa finally came over and crouched in front of her. His eyebrows furrowed in concern when he saw the empty look in her eyes. "Baby?" He said softly, placing a hand on her knee. She didn't move, still staring at the same spot on the floor she had been looking at for hours. Seonghwa squeezed gently. "Are you ok?"

She didn't respond.

"Lily, please look at me." He placed one finger on the side of her chin so he could turn her head.

Cold, hazel eyes met his.

"Lily, San wants to see you." He said, rubbing his thumb over her knee.

Lily seemed to shrink back and stared at the floor again.

Seonghwa sighed and noticed that her drink was still almost full. He stood and whispered something to Yunho, the taller whipped his head around to stare at Lily.

He rushed to her side and took her hands in his. "Lily. Lily, what's wrong?"

Again, she stayed silent.

The oldest knelt in front of her again. "Don't you want to go see San?"

When she didn't answer again, Yunho growled and swept her into his arms.

"No!" She said, trying to push him away. "Yunho put me down!" She kicked her legs, but it only looked like they were flailing in the air.

"No." He said harshly.

I can't face him. I'm scared. It's my fault he's here. All my fault...

When Lily realized Yunho wasn't going to put her down, she surrendered and hung limply in his arms. The trip to San's room seemed to last forever. When he stopped outside a door, she buried her face into his chest and clutched his shirt. He shifted and placed her on her feet before opening the door and placing a hand on the small of her back to guide her into the room.

San laid in the hospital bed, conversing with Yeosang quietly. They were holding hands. Lily let her eyes wander to the multiple cords stuck in San's arms, hooking him to various machines so he could be monitored 24/7.

Yunho cleared his throat and nudged Lily forward a little more.

San slowly turned his head and smiled. Even with his disheveled hair and tired face, his smile was still bright enough to cause his dimples to show. "I'm so glad you're safe." He said softly.

Lily lost it. She ran to his side and grabbed the hand that was reaching for her. She held it tight, placing soft kisses there before burying her face into the mattress. Her sobs were still hoarse.

Yeosang winced at the sound and crossed to the other side of the bed to place a hand on her shoulder.

Yunho took his place and placed a hand gently on San's leg. "I'm glad you're going to be ok, man. You really had us worried."

"I'm sorry. You know how I like to keep you all in suspense." San said, smiling again. Yunho shook his head and chuckled.

"Yup, you'll be fine if you can make some of your weak-ass jokes now." He leaned back in his chair and stared fondly at his friend.

San turned to look at Lily again, squeezing her hand to get her attention. She lifted her head and he used his thumb to wipe away her tears. "I'm glad you're ok." He said again.

"Y-you're s-so stupid, S-San." Lily choked between sobs. "I'm the o-one whose g-glad you're ok."

"What happened to your voice?" He said, eyes closing in concern.