20

"ARE YOU READY?"

Screams echoed through the hall.

"I SAID, ARE YOU READY??"

The screams got louder.

"Then I am happy to present to you, for the first time live.... ATEEZ!!!!"

Screams continued as eight boys came out on stage before taking their places for their first song...

---

Ateez had become an internet sensation within weeks. Their music videos topped all the charts and their few shows had sold out instantly. Their charisma on stage captured the hearts of their audiences.

They loved every second of it.

The eight boys had ended up dropping out of college. The only reason they were there was to work on their dancing and try to get their names out there, which they were now doing.

Their manager had provided them with a bigger house, equipped with its own studio for them to practice in, and he often came to visit them and critique their work.

They threw everything they had at their work, sometimes practicing for almost 24 hours straight.

Wooyoung and Yunho worked well together, designing new choreography all the time. It kept their minds off other matters.

One night, while taking a short break, Wooyoung was surprised to hear his phone ringing from his bag. He answered it without looking at the caller id and wished he had.

"Hello, Son."

Wooyoung dragged his hand over his face, trying to keep himself from moaning in disgust.

"Dad."

"How are you?"

"Good. How are you?"

"I miss you. I was wondering if you wanted to meet me for dinner Friday night? I'd love to catch up, and I have a business proposition for you."

"I'm not joining the family business, Dad. I have a career now, and it's what I've always wanted. You can't change that."

Yunho glanced at his friend, hearing the angry tone in his voice. It was never pleasant when his father called.

"Please, Son. It's been years since I've seen you, and I think you'd be surprised by what I have to offer."

Wooyoung held his phone away from his face and groaned. "Fine. Where do you want me to meet you."

His father recited an address. "Oh, and bring your friend, San was it? He is always good for a laugh."

"Sure, sure." Wooyoung nodded. Even though San could be childish sometimes, he always knew when to be serious, and his father had always liked the boy. He was also glad he'd have some support if things got tense. San was the only one who could calm him down sometimes.

"Friday, 8 o'clock."

"Friday." Wooyoung said before hanging up.

"What's going on?" Yunho asked, placing a hand on the others shoulder.

"My dad wants to meet for a 'business' dinner on Friday. He wants me to bring San, so we will need the night off..."

"I don't see that being a problem, we could all use a night off, so this will be a good excuse."

"Just be happy you will be having more fun than we will." The shorter laughed, patting the hand on his shoulder.

---