Chapter 11 - Doc

The day alone in the clinic was what I needed to get my head straight. I'm only drawn to Adeline because she's a soldier, that's all it is, she just reminds me of my time serving in the army. She's married, so even if she wasn't a complete pain in my ass nothing could ever happen anyway. I remember the faces of my brothers when they got their dear john letters to find out while they were overseas risking their lives for their country their wives and girlfriends were cheating on them the whole time. Luckily I never had to deal with that myself, I had a couple of girlfriends in the past but they just didn't work out.

"Alright listen up." Killer says as he opens church

"Sorry I'm late had to get my laptop." Adeline says walking into the room. What the fuck is she doing here?

"Take the floor Adeline." Killer says as he moves from the head of the table

"Alright, Killer already knows the score, but he wanted me to bring it to the table. I want to make sure all of you know what I disclose can't leave this room, not just for my safety but for yours too." Adeline says looking around the room.

"You can trust my guys Adeline." Killer growls

"Gotcha big guy." Adeline smirks as she opens her laptop, Circuit helps her set up the big screen.

"How much do you guys know about mine and Scarlett's brothers line of work?" She asks

"Hardly anything." Knuckles replies and she nods.

"Well I recruited Wilson into the secret op. Even the president of these United States doesn't know we exist. My list of kills includes dictators, mafia dons and even members of the Yakuza. If some one is causing political trouble and you want him gone, I'm your girl. You got a group of rebels threatening to take down a US embassy they send my team. We do not exist, we don't have permission to be in foreign countries and none of these officials have been killed by Americans." The pictures of several people appear on the screen, all of their deaths were reported as by their own men, suicides or explosions.

"So this was my latest target, this piece of shit has been trafficking little girls and weapons to the Middle East. Guess who turned up right on my doorstep on 'vacation'. In reality he was meeting with the new head of the Russian mafia, Mike tells me your club had a run in with them helping Scarlett out a few years back." I look to Knuckles and he growls, his girl Scarlett was kidnapped by the former head of the Russian Mafia and we all went to New York to get her back.

"Well they we setting up a deal for trafficking a container full of young girls out of the US and to the Middle East. I had a girl on the inside who got me a time and place, but it went to shit." She pauses and I can see the sadness in her eyes

"Mike contacted me to inform me they found the girl and she has given them my name, I now have a bounty on my head of $2.5million. I figure you should be aware because if any of the assholes on the dark web see me, I'm worth a nice chunk of change to them." She pulls up an image of her in her army uniform with all the details of the bounty on her head

"Now the only person who knows I'm here is Mike, I don't even know where the rest of my team are, so no one should find me here, but it's a hell of a risk to bring to your club. If you want me to leave I'm more than happy too, you've got little kids and pregnant ladies and I don't want my presence to put them in harms way. However, if these guy finds out you have helped me in anyway, he will come after you, that's the type of asshole he is."

"So I'm putting it to vote, are we willing to protect her, or send her on her way?" Killer asks as he steps back up.

"I'll step out so you don't feel guilty for kicking me out." Adeline smirks as she packs up her laptop and walks out.

"Where's she gonna go if we say we won't help her?" Needles asks, I know he and Adeline have become close in the short time she's been here

"That wouldn't be our concern." Killer shrugs

"Well I vote she stays, no one knows she's here and if they find out, we can protect her better than her being on her own." Needles replies.

"The girls all love her, we all enjoy drinking or shooting with her, I don't think any of us want to send her away do we?" Knuckles asks looking around the table. Everyone agrees she can stay and then they look to me as I haven't cast my vote. If I say no she'll be gone and I won't have to deal with her shit anymore, but I have enough weight of lost men on my shoulders without sending Adeline to her death.

"I think she should stay too." I say and Killer nods

"Alright, she stays. Circuit I want to constantly monitoring for chatter on that dark web." Killer says before closing church. I follow everyone out to the bar

"Well? Should I start packing?" Adeline asks looking between us all

"Vote was unanimous, you stay with us." Killer says

"Aww you boys are too much, round of drinks on me." Adeline smiles as she pulls Killer into a hug.

"None for me, I'm heading out." I pat Reaper on the shoulder and duck out of the clubhouse before Adeline can try and stop me.

I mount my motorcycle and pull out of the lot, time for my nightly ride. I head out of town and up into the hills, this always helps me clear my head. Except for tonight. Tonight all I can think of is fucking Adeline. The fact she's a fucking bad ass secret soldier is sexy as hell. Then the thought of her in danger makes me want to protect her and my mind goes back to how she felt in my arms. Fuck me, I hope the threat to Adeline is dealt with soon so she can go back to New York and I can finally get her out of my head. And why do I keep forgetting that she's married?