Chapter 31 - Doc

A/N: Hello Lovelies! Only two chapters left after this one 🙊 I really enjoyed writing this, I hope you like the ending! Xxx

The sun has risen and clean up is in full swing, Scarlett's brother has sent in a huge crowd of people who clean up the dead bodies and debris. The front of the clubhouse is covered in bullet holes, the trees across the street are all burnt from the explosion, the lot has a huge crater in it from the mortar and the gym is destroyed. Nelli and Moore were taken to a hospital in the helicopter, but Nelli was stable when he left, so I'm glad Cordelia convinced me to try and save him.

"Church." Killer calls from the door to the bar and everyone piles inside. The old ladies are all wrapped around their men in the bar, I haven't had chance to get Adeline alone yet, as soon as the fight was over she went straight to help with the clean up.

"Well that wasn't like anything we've dealt with before." Killer laughs from the head of the table

"None of our guys were hurt and Mike has assured me by the end of the day the compound will look like nothing happened. They have the guy that was after Adeline in custody and all his minions have been taken out. It's all over and Adeline will be leaving us, but Mike says he owes us big time, so apparently all the weapons that they brought were officially lost in the fire fight." Killer smirks and Bullet smiles like a kid in a candy store. Several of the guys talk about how they're going to miss Addy but they have no idea. I've had more fun with her these past weeks than I've had in years. I'm in love with her, the way she lights up a room, she's a fierce strong woman and the sex with her is the best I've ever had, I can never get enough of being inside of her. But I hurt her, what if I do it again and her team aren't around to save her? It's better for her that she leaves.

Killer closes church and we pile out into the bar

"Chris" Addy says as she walks up beside me

"How's clean up going?" I ask

"Fine, but Mike told me to take a break and I could do with a shower. Thirsty?" She smirks as she takes my hand. I just need to stop thinking and enjoy what time I have left with her.

"Let's get you cleaned up then." I growl in her ear as I pull her towards the stairs. As soon as the door to her room closes her lips crash against mine. We fight to dominate the kiss as we pull at each other's clothes.

"You're hurt." I say as I look at the wound on her side

"I'm fine, Cordelia stitched me up." She smiles

I back her up into the bathroom, our clothes tossed in a line on the ground behind me. I step out of my boots and jeans, then turn on the water of the shower as she strips her lower half and takes off her prosthesis. I love that she's not self conscious of that around me anymore. As soon as she's done I pick her up and she wraps her thighs around me as I step into the shower. I push her against the wall of the shower as my lips travel along her jaw and delicately kiss her bruised neck and chest.

"It has been far too long, I need you inside me now, fuck me Chris." She whispers as I bite at her nipple. I groan as I slide inside of her and her wet heat wraps around me

"Yes!" She moans as I fill her completely. She wraps her arms around my shoulders as I grip her ass in my hands and thrust into her. Her nails claw at my back as curses, moans and gasps fall from her lips as I pound into her. She tugs at my hair and I look up at her until our lips meet. I groan at the combination of her taste on my tongue and her walls gripping my dick, I can't hold out much longer

"Come for me Addy." I growl as I speed up my pace and bury myself inside her. Her head rolls back as she grips my shoulders and cries out my name through her climax. I groan as her walls clench around me and I explode inside her.

"Fuck that's was good." Addy says as she rests her head on my shoulder. After a few minutes to catch our breath I lower her down on her right foot

"Oh shit!" Addy gasps as I turn around

"What?" I ask as my brows furrow

"I hurt you! Your back is bleeding, I drew blood." She says putting her hand over her mouth

"It's nothing." I shrug

"Well I guess it makes us even." She laughs as she pours shampoo into her hand and begins washing her hair.

We spent the rest of the day in her room, fucking in every way we could, we both know this is about to end and I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't want it to.

"Last night reminded me of my last tour." I say as we lie in her bed, her arm over my stomach and leg wrapped around mine.

"It did?" She asks, her head resting on my shoulder

"Yeah. It was my fourth tour so I was used to it, the death and destruction, the sounds of gunfire and bombs. My unit was pinned down and one of our guys had been shot, no big deal, wasn't life threatening so I did what I could until I could get him out." I run my hand along her side as I talk, I know she'll understand. I should've opened up sooner, maybe then I wouldn't have hurt her

"We had a new guy, it was his first tour and he just completely freaked out, he lost it, he couldn't move, he was crying, I mean he was a mess, so I sat him with Frank, the guy who had been shot, and when I could I would get them both out. Then some one called for a medic. Frank said he was fine so I left them both and crawled after the voice calling for me. It was a grenade, the guy was a fucking mess, no way I was going to save him, so I pumped him full of pain meds, told him he was gonna be fine, that I'd get him out, when really, I was just waiting for him to die. That's when the bomb hit." I'll never forget the sound, as long as I live.

"The building I was just in had collapsed. When I looked down the guy had gone, so I tried to crawl back but they shot at me so I was pinned. I could hear him screaming, pleading for my help. I sat pinned for hours listening to him slowly die. Frank never made a sound, but the kid, I still hear him, screaming for me to save him and I just lay there I did nothing. Hours later he stopped screaming." Adeline doesn't say anything, she's knows her words won't change my guilt, she just pulls me into her arms and holds me against her. She understands.