Prolouge. Day 1 - a club of hot guys!?

[RE/N]'s POV

I let out a huge squeak after I saw the official UtaPri twitter's post.

"BRAND NEW QUARTET NIGHT game "Uta No Prince Sama -Doki Doki Music Club" 2019. jun. 24 available for FREE!"

I didn't know what to think. After the All Star series, this game that's title was dripping from girly sweetness had me a bit weirded out. But pushing all that aside, I got a knot in my stomach at the thought of a brand new UtaPri game, and I was super happy that QUARTET NIGHT has finally got the spotlight again. I could feel the excitement build up in my chest, as I read the word 'free' and the publish date, that was three days ago from the current date of 27th of June. From what I read, this is a completely different timeline, a some kind of alternate universe, which has nothing to do with the All Star series. In this universe, the four boys and the protagonist aren't idols or composers, but simple average high schoolers who will be in a club - apparently, the Doki Doki Music Club. It seems strange to me for the four boys to come up with that name, seeing the fact that three out of them would mostly drown themselves in bull pee rather than go under a name like that. But I pushed that aside - I can most probably tell in advance that it was Reiji's idea.

Opening the download page and scrolling down, I read the description.

"Hello, Ai Mikaze here.

Welcome to the Music Club. I've always been fantasizing about how could I make something unique out of the things I like. Now that you are a club member, you can help me and my club make that come true in this nice game.

We will make sure that your every day here will be entertaining with all of the club members:

Reiji Kotobuki, the one who is always smiling and unfortunately never fails to keep quiet;
Ranmaru Kurosaki, who first may seem like a tough and agressive guy but is really not;
Camus, the quiet, mysterious and - mostly - polite one who always keeps a book and a whole tea set with himself;
... And, of course, my humble self and the club leader, Ai Mikaze.

I look forward to you getting along with everyone and make the Music Club a better place for all of the members. I somehow can already tell that you are a good person... will you promise to spend the most time with me?"

I was quite taken aback when I saw that it basically was a message from Ai. So he is the club leader? Well, even though he is the youngest one, he is probably the one that could hold all of them together properly. Pretty accurate. Reading the few words about Camus, I couldn't help but assume that he is mostly in his butler personality in this game. Cool... But isn't that strange for his character? I also feel something off about that very last sentence.

I let out a slight sigh. I read a few more info about the game. The genre was obviously romance. The reviews mostly said fine things, most were good and said they loved the cute scenes and such, and there were also some bad reviews, either saying that it felt unusual for an UtaPri game, or that it was really no different from All Star and they found it boring. Well, everyone can have their own opinion. I should probably just download it and see it for myself. I hope it's safe... Well, we are talking about an official site here, so it should be, right?

Rubbing my palms together and grinning like an idiot, I soon clicked on download.

~■♡■~

After finishing with all of the extracting and such, I successfully opened the folder. There were a few folders like a game folder, a lib folder, but I was confused about the folder for characters. I opened it, and saw four 'CHR' files, one for each of the boys. To be exact:
ai.chr
ranmaru.chr
reiji.chr
and camus.chr .