3 "Do what I say"

I couldn't fall asleep. My head was full of questions that no one could answer.

I walked out of the bedroom silently and went into the kitchen. I decided to bake something. Whenever I couldn't sleep, I baked some cakes. Then Hal came to me and told me to come back to the bedroom. I refused, so we argued.

Now there was no Hal. Now the house was quiet and calm. I pulled out the necessary ingredients from the fridge to bake the peach pie.

"Mom" I heard my daughter's voice and turned to her. She stood in the kitchen, getting a good night's sleep. "What are you doing?"

"I decided to bake a cake," I smiled at her, refraining from crying. Hal was at large and it stressed me the most.

"Right now? In the middle of the night?" Betty sighed and I nodded.

"As they say, the more you weight the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe, eat cake." I said, and Betty made a face.

"What? Are you just quoting the slogan of our bakery in the town?"

"I'm desperate, okay?" I looked at my daughter. I couldn't stop my tears. "I don't know what to do, I don't know where to go, because I know that this man will find me," I added and leaned against the kitchen counter. I began to breathe deeply to calm down.

"Do you want to leave Riverdale?" Betty asked, and I shook my head.

"Escape from Riverdale, it would make matters worse," I replied quietly and wiped tears from my eyes. "Go to sleep, Betty," I asked gently and smiled at my daughter.

"I don't want to leave you alone," she answered and hugged me. I breathed quietly and embraced her tightly.

"I can handle it, I am a big girl, and you have a school tomorrow", I whispered and looked into her worried eyes. I stroked her cheek.

"I love you" Betty whispered and kissed me on the cheek. Then she went upstairs.

"I love you too" I murmured and returned to baking a cake. However, I couldn't concentrate on it because I had a strange impression that someone was watching me.

I broke away from baking a cake and went to the living room to enlighten the lights. I closely watched every element in my living room. After a moment, a shadow flashed in front of my window. I jumped up and my heart began to beat harder as the shadow approached my door.

I swallowed and grabbed my grandmother's antique vase. Maybe it will be useful for something and will stun the potential burglar.

The door to the house slowly began to open. I didn't think much and I ran at the "burglar" with the vase. At the last moment, I stopped when I saw a surprised FP in front of me.

"Are you crazy?" I asked. "I could have killed you"

"Alice" FP sighed. "I'm sorry. I patrolled your house to check if you are safe"

"You could have warned me," I murmured and laid the vase on the floor. "Would you like to come inside?"

"No, it's late, but ..." FP looked at me. "I apologize for this earlier conversation, I shouldn't blame you for what Hal is doing"

"I'm sorry for what I said," I nodded.

"We're okay, now?" he asked and held out his hand to me.

"Yes, we are okay," I nodded and shook his hand. Just as I thought, when our hands joined together, I felt a funny sparkle in my stomach. Ordinary touch could make me want him.

I looked into his eyes and felt a great urge to approach him. I wanted to kiss him. Feel his lips on his lips, but I knew that it wasn't possible at the moment. I barely moved away from him and smiled slightly. I was embarrassed by what had just happened.